darkrider

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Local Club: E.P.Veteran Car Club

Posted 19 July 2021 - 02:41 PM

Hi Rick

I wonder if you could help me? I am trying to take my Countryman's tank out and want to know if the tank fuel connection must come out first or if it will just slide out with the metal pipe attached ?

#92 Hunter2

Hunter2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Local Club: Vancouver Mini Club

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:03 PM

Sorry to be so late Darkrider...COVID and other life bits have been in the way...

It took what seemed like a zillion in and outs to get the 'new' fuel tank in the restored/old '61 shell.  The angle of the neck was an issue versus the hole in the floor...and the tank did not seem to be true, needed to be canted ever so slightly.

However, in answer to your question...all of my in & outs working on the installation suggest that the filler pipe must be removed 1st if the rear subframe is installed...assuming that the pipe comes straight forward from the tank.

Yes, early 2021 was a sad time.  My elderly Mom-in-Law passed in her sleep in February, then 3 weeks later my Wife's 'lifelong' Foster Daughter also passed in her sleep.  Neither had been tested for COVID - advanced age and bad lungs set them up for their ends.

Getting back at the Woody slowly....

Edited by Hunter2, 27 January 2022 - 07:04 PM.

#93 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:28 AM

my condolences Hunter -  it's been a tough time for many of us recently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users