Photo

O2 Sensor

Best Answer Pogue13 , 08 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

He had it connect to a fuel delivery test system. He found that someone previously had caused damage to the fuel regulator creating a 15% over pressure which he's now sorted.
The main problem with the rough running has been diagnosed as a pin prick hole in the brake servo diaphragm creating a reduced pressure in the inlet. He blanked off the servo port and it runs like a dream.
New servo or servo repair kit required.

Finally got round to starting to strip the master cylinder off the servo to think about an overhaul and found that the o ring that seals the master cylinder to the servo is missing, hopefully problem solved tomorrow with a new o ring at a quid!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pogue13

Pogue13

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hi Gents.
Done plenty of reading around this forum. I've just renewed my o2 sensor, bosch original, but it's still showing as not fitted on my act crypton reader, and still have a slight misfire. I'm guessing these are related?
Why is the o2 not showing as being fitted? I've checked with all 4 of the yellow relays being swapped around but same result.

Cheers

#2 gizmo1994

gizmo1994

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

I think my Crypton does this too.  Try telling it you haven't got a cat on start up (or vice-versa) and then it will recognise it properly.

I can check mine over the weekend if you are still stuck.

#3 Pogue13

Pogue13

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

Thanks Gizmo,

Just found the my TPS is goosed so now scouring around to find one

#4 Pogue13

Pogue13

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

Well today I fitted a new TPS and relay pack and set the ACT to show the car doesn't have a cat, but its still staying that the oxygen sensor and purge valve aren't fitted.

Any ideas???

#5 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

Which model ACT? I have a few so I'll try and replicate the fault if you let me know.

FS

#6 Pogue13

Pogue13

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

Hi FS,

Its V2.0 with an ASC 3 card, is that the info you need.

It isn't the RAC version

Cheers

#7 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:24 PM

Is that the grey one or the later yellow one? I'll need to did them out, I certainly have both types and an odd red one ( Mac tools copy from memory)

FS

#8 Pogue13

Pogue13

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

Its the grey one.

I've taken it to a garage today that have dealt with MEMS in the past.  He's identified that there's a fault with the injector and that the regulator is overfueling too.

#9 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

Its the grey one.

I've taken it to a garage today that have dealt with MEMS in the past.  He's identified that there's a fault with the injector and that the regulator is overfueling too.

Does he mean the fuel pressure is too high? That's a big issue as the regulator is part of the SPi bodyitself....

FS

#10 spiguy

spiguy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

I know the OP said the garage was familiar with MEMS, but I'm not convinced. Is this maybe another case of someone looking down the throttle body, seeing the almost continuous fuel spray and concluding that it is overfuelling? Many have drawn this incorrect assumption before..

Did he check the fuel pressure by using a pressure gauge? 

#11 Pogue13

Pogue13

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:37 PM   Best Answer

He had it connect to a fuel delivery test system. He found that someone previously had caused damage to the fuel regulator creating a 15% over pressure which he's now sorted.
The main problem with the rough running has been diagnosed as a pin prick hole in the brake servo diaphragm creating a reduced pressure in the inlet. He blanked off the servo port and it runs like a dream.
New servo or servo repair kit required.

Finally got round to starting to strip the master cylinder off the servo to think about an overhaul and found that the o ring that seals the master cylinder to the servo is missing, hopefully problem solved tomorrow with a new o ring at a quid!

Edited by Pogue13, 17 February 2016 - 05:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users