32 replies to this topic

#16 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

Ok I managed to get a picture of the arches today with a 215 wheel and tyre lined up with it and will need a 5" wheel arch:

IMG_1959.jpg

#17 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

I have decided that the rear brakes need to be equally as good as the front brakes for my mid engined mini and here is the Wilwood 8729 caliper arrived from Burton Power:

IMG_2059.jpg

We removed the front caliper to try and size up with some Vauxhall Adam rotors (257mm diameter and 21mm vented rotor):

IMG_0032.jpg

The caliper should hopefully get mounted ahead of the axle line leaving space for the original sierra caliper to be modded for handbrake only nearer MOT time in the summer

#18 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:25 PM

Here you can see it just about squeeze under the 13" wheel:

IMG_0030_1.jpg

#19 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

I have two calipers on the rear of mine, ford caliper is purely handbrake, I had intended to fit a fly off hydraulic lever in the cabin but just never got around to it, the braided pipe is there to do it just cant seem to find the drive to complete it.

Can I ask are the Adam rotors a snug fit on the central part of the hub? Just looking at the fit around the studs it looks a bit sloppy.....

#20 WPD

WPD

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:50 AM

Then off to brands for a dust off:

The 175 Yokohama A539 are ok for the road but not nice on the track and clearly not enough grip to cope with, so this needs to be sorted soon:

IMG_1635.jpg

that photo is excellent

#21 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

I have two calipers on the rear of mine, ford caliper is purely handbrake, I had intended to fit a fly off hydraulic lever in the cabin but just never got around to it, the braided pipe is there to do it just cant seem to find the drive to complete it.

Can I ask are the Adam rotors a snug fit on the central part of the hub? Just looking at the fit around the studs it looks a bit sloppy.....

I am informed that the MOT requirement is for a completely independent handbrake mechanism that still allows the rear brakes to work while hand brake is engaged. What you are suggesting is what I wanted with a 1 way valve but requires an understanding motorsport friendly MOT tester.

The rotor is not snug as the Adam has a PCD of 60mm but this is simple by centering and drilling and tapping the locator screws or I was thinking about something like these just to centre before wheel is tightened but mechanic hasnt responded to me yet.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/...807?_mwBanner=1

#22 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:06 PM

Then off to brands for a dust off:

The 175 Yokohama A539 are ok for the road but not nice on the track and clearly not enough grip to cope with, so this needs to be sorted soon:

IMG_1635.jpg

that photo is excellent

Thanks its a famous angle at Brands and I cant wait to get another shot when 13 x 9 rear wheels go on

#23 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

Ok some updates today. Firstly these goodies turned up:

IMG_2149.jpg

And the rear wheels finally ready as I had to wait a bit longer for the diamond cutting on the rim:

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

#24 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

IMG_2147.jpg

Some significant difference between the 13 x 7 with 175/50/13 and 215/55/13. Hoping for a little more grip....

#25 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

Now to make improvements to the fuel system and would appreciate any feedback as I only have basic understanding. Here is my current set up:

Slide1.jpg

And the new proposal is as follows:

Slide2.jpg

To enable me to go in and out of the fuel rail, I need to connect this fitting on the fuel rail to 8mm hose so no idea how to get this part!:

IMG_2144.jpg

#26 BLING BLING WHEELZ

BLING BLING WHEELZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

Now to make improvements to the fuel system and would appreciate any feedback as I only have basic understanding. Here is my current set up:

Slide1.jpg

And the new proposal is as follows:

Slide2.jpg

To enable me to go in and out of the fuel rail, I need to connect this fitting on the fuel rail to 8mm hose so no idea how to get this part!:

IMG_2144.jpg

Had same issue with the fuel rail easiest way is to replace the fuel rail for one that you can fit the proper fuel connections too
I got mine from honda r give em a call will sort it out and recomend what you need

Good thing is once you have replaced it its future proof so you can run more power

#27 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Do you happen to have the old fuel rail to hand as I found this but no idea how it would mount:

http://www.ebay.co.u...~AAAOSwMpZUos1G

#28 BLING BLING WHEELZ

BLING BLING WHEELZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

Do you happen to have the old fuel rail to hand as I found this but no idea how it would mount:

http://www.ebay.co.u...~AAAOSwMpZUos1G

Looks to me like an adaptor for a b16 fuel rail
Been labeled wrong

#29 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

IMG_2147.jpg

Some significant difference between the 13 x 7 with 175/50/13 and 215/55/13. Hoping for a little more grip....

You'll get a lot more grip with those bad boys......

#30 Luigi33

Luigi33

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

A few small updates to make and hoping for more progress over the next few weeks.

​This is version 2 of the brake mounting brackets for rear 4 pots:

IMG_2252.jpg

And thanks to custom minis a photograph of the wheel arches which they are posting tomorrow:

IMG_2275.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users