32 replies to this topic

#31 JBMini

JBMini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

One thing that you will find a lot of standard mini items will need modifying due to the minus being shorter you will be surprised ..enjoy :)

Hi mm man.
Thanks for the tip! Doors are on order and I'm cutting the windows to size myself. I'm sure the engine will stick a mile out of the bonnet so I'm going to need to maybe tilt the engine forward and move some bits around in the engine bay and have a bonnet bulge to accommodate. I will see when the time comes.
Regards
JB
What engine are you planning to use? If its an a-series you should only need a bulge for the carburettor dash pot. My bonnets only got a small tear drop bulge for the carb as everything else sits low enough (Just).

The bulge in the standard minus bonnet is for the oil filler cap only if you change rocker covers or carbs / air cleaners you will need to modify

One thing that you will find a lot of standard mini items will need modifying due to the minus being shorter you will be surprised ..enjoy :)

Hi mm man.
Thanks for the tip! Doors are on order and I'm cutting the windows to size myself. I'm sure the engine will stick a mile out of the bonnet so I'm going to need to maybe tilt the engine forward and move some bits around in the engine bay and have a bonnet bulge to accommodate. I will see when the time comes.
Regards
JB
Cutting windows to size ?? One of the only things that don't need modifying / cutting is the windows ?( this was one of the original selling points made by the mini minus motor company ) They did make a mk 1 & mk2 rear quarter window version of the minus I seem to remember ( tip use the later fatter screen rubbers much better seal ) you can use std window winder mechanisms with std glass . It's every thing from the windows down to modify ie dash ...seats ....doors plus trims......door frames ...centre console it all depends on what finish you are going for .......it's all the fun of owning a minus

Ah I see what you mean now, thing is as my car is a lightweight/track car, I haven't got any of those bits, my windows are going to be bolted in the frames and all windows will be polycarbonate so that's why I said cut them to size.

Regards
JB

#32 JBMini

JBMini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hi mm man.
Regards
JB
What engine are you planning to use? If its an a-series you should only need a bulge for the carburettor dash pot. My bonnets only got a small tear drop bulge for the carb as everything else sits low enough (Just).

The bulge in the standard minus bonnet is for the oil filler cap only if you change rocker covers or carbs / air cleaners you will need to modify

Hi mm man.
Regards
JB
Cutting windows to size ?? One of the only things that don't need modifying / cutting is the windows ?( this was one of the original selling points made by the mini minus motor company ) They did make a mk 1 & mk2 rear quarter window version of the minus I seem to remember ( tip use the later fatter screen rubbers much better seal ) you can use std window winder mechanisms with std glass . It's every thing from the windows down to modify ie dash ...seats ....doors plus trims......door frames ...centre console it all depends on what finish you are going for .......it's all the fun of owning a minus

Ah I see what you mean now, thing is as my car is a lightweight/track car, so I haven't got any of those bits, my windows are going to be bolted in the frames and all windows will be polycarbonate so that's why I said cut them to size.

Regards
JB

#33 JBMini

JBMini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

Been a while since I've uploaded. Apologies for that, I've been doing exams, ordering parts and prepping the shell for the rollcage. All of that to come soon!

In the meantime I've been modifying my front subframe...

Don't worry, it's not finished yet lol

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users