#61 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 19 August 2021 - 11:23 PM

So the interior is about there (fits where it touches as I'm no upholsterer - in fact I'm no anything!!) - just got to refit the seats

Attached File  Interior.jpg   196.9K   14 downloads

Dash also complete - again fits where it touches - I'm no carpenter either!!!  As mentioned previously I did buy a standard dash but unfortunately when the car was made the dash rails were placed too close together so a standard dash wont fit - I couldn't even use the dial binnacle so the one on there is 3D printed thanks to a guy I worked with who's into all that new fangled stuff

Attached File  Dash.jpg   173.85K   18 downloads

And just a final 3/4 view of it more or less complete 

Attached File  Threequarter.jpg   49.35K   13 downloads

Probably the last post on this subject as not much more to say really

#62 fokko

fokko

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:27 AM

Fabulous work! From the rear, I first thought I was looking at a modern car :D .

Where did you get the center console from? It looks as if it was made for the Mini  :thumbsup: .

Edited by fokko, 20 August 2021 - 07:28 AM.

#63 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:36 AM

Looks great, credit to you. I've wanted one of these for some time. Yours is the best I've seen by far, many have been neglected.

Edited by humph, 20 August 2021 - 07:37 AM.

#64 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 09:33 PM

Fabulous work! From the rear, I first thought I was looking at a modern car :D .

Where did you get the center console from? It looks as if it was made for the Mini  :thumbsup: .

Thanks for the kind words - the pictures make it look better than it actually is - I think kit cars often mean a lot of compromises to make things work as nothing really fits properly

The centre console is for a Fiat 500 or Fiat 126 - it was £20 on ebay so not much of a gamble - I had to cut quite a bit away for the handbrake but the rest looks OK - I will add a handbrake gaiter to tidy it up

#65 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 09:40 PM

Looks great, credit to you. I've wanted one of these for some time. Yours is the best I've seen by far, many have been neglected.

Cheers - done my best with it but as mentioned above there is a lot of compromise as nothing is quite exactly the same as a mini. I fitted the rear seat today and the guy who recovered it for me did an excellent job of matching the backrest and the squab (using the old material from the Alfa rear seat to match the front seats) but unfortunately the position of the back rest area is not aligned with the squab area so the seat patterns don't quite line up  - hopefully most people will be casual observers and not notice the bad stuff.... :blink:

#66 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the kind words - the pictures make it look better than it actually is - I think kit cars often mean a lot of compromises to make things work as nothing really fits properly

The centre console is for a Fiat 500 or Fiat 126 - it was £20 on ebay so not much of a gamble - I had to cut quite a bit away for the handbrake but the rest looks OK - I will add a handbrake gaiter to tidy it up

This one:

https://www.ebay.co....QQAAOSw-m1eprvq

#67 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 10:21 PM

Almost certainly the last post just to add a couple of (slightly) better photos then the one from my driveway - I'd like to think they are a bit more creative but, as mentioned above I'm no upholsterer or carpenter and I'm no photographer either...... :(

Attached File  Badge.JPG   221.37K   1 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2046.JPG   231.77K   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCF2048.JPG   271.53K   4 downloads

#68 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:57 AM

Got to say I'm loving this.  I've hovered over the buy it now button a few times on the rare occasions these have come up for sale, really love them.  You've done a great job Mark.

#69 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:00 PM

Me too, love this.

#70 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 03:22 PM

Almost certainly the last post just to add a couple of (slightly) better photos then the one from my driveway - I'd like to think they are a bit more creative but, as mentioned above I'm no upholsterer or carpenter and I'm no photographer either...... :(

Comparing these pics to those on the first page - WOW, what a transformation! Truly stunning and an inspiration.

#71 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:08 PM

Thanks to all for the kind words - there was a time a couple fo years ago  when I thought it would be another "unfinished project" for sale, due to my wife's ill health however she got better, I got on furlough and suddenly this year it was finished....more or less - still got to fit the a sump guard for the "faux by 4" look

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users