#16 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:00 PM

Need a better picture of that center bracket, cant quite make out the profile of it in relation to the bend of the bar

It either bolts to the top of the lower section of the front panel, or it sits under neath the bumper and is fixed to the bumper mounting lip by the center bolt of the bumper itself.

Dependant on profile of the bracket in relation to the bend of the bar

Actualy it looks like ther should be another part to that center bracket as well. The center bracket fits over the bumper and should fix to the bumper mounting lip with the center bolt of the bumper, the way it is at the minute it will never reach, there needs to be another part.

I suspect this is not a genuine replica of the original works bracket, and probibly why you are having these issues.

#17 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

It basicly like this.

Attached Files

#18 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

pics didnt work

#20 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:10 PM

Yeh, pretty much what i thought.

it need to go 'over' the bumper and fix underneath it. reason for this, the bar will then sit over the top of the bumper where it should. Cant see how this braket will do this hence why i said there may be abother part to that.

Id send it back and buy the genuine brackets, be FAR less trouble

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=34383

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=33347

#21 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

Yea ill send it back it didnt seem right thanks.

#22 Its A Real Mini Adventure

Its A Real Mini Adventure

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:39 PM

ohhh looks exatly like my minisport lamp bar :D, only your missing 3 brackets lol. two brakets are identical, they go in the smaller holes on the actual lamp bar, there shapped 3 inch or so bits of steel plate, bent to resemble a stretched z.. not the best of explainations but the camreas outa order lol. they go onto the holes in your lamp bar, over your bumper, and you have to drill a hole for the bolt in your front pannel just infront of the grill. the other bracket your missing goes on the center mount. its shaped like a u peice. it goes onto your center bumper nut, you will need a washer :(, and then the other side joins to the bottom of the lamp bar bracket.
i admit my descriptions arnt the best, infact there flipping well bloody awfull lol, but when you get it right you dont need to move your bumper, or remove it, you just need to use the center mounting bolt that holds the bumper on to hold your lamp bar.
if you cant understand, and il understand if uyou cant understand that lol, give us a shout and il try and borrow a mates camrea ^_^

Dave

#23 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

Ha, it uses the original style Rover Cooper lamp brackets, so its not realy a works replica despite what Minisport say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users