3 replies to this topic

#1 andyprince111

andyprince111

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

hi i have just brought a 1380 block and need a head to match it can anyone recomend one to me? and what i can expect to pay.

andy

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

depends what level of tune you are aiming for, also if you want to run leaded or unleaded fuel...

A good all round head is the MG metro or 1275 GT head, other's to watch for are 1300 GT heads and Cooper S ones which.. All of which have 1.41" inlets, the size of the exhaust valve and spings are then the differences.

The alternative is to look for a modified head ( something around the stage 3 mk is average ) ideally with a 1.4" (36mm) inlet and 1.15" or over exhausts (29mm -31mm)

There's an FAQ which shows vehicles and head size's as std..

http://www.theminifo...showtopic=19385

#3 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

You also need to consider the compression ratio. What spec is the 1380 block? The main thing you need to know is the piston type (certain pistons have different CC'd dishes).

You need to know what you aim to use the car for, what compression ratio you want to run, then you can work out what size chambers you need in your head. You will probably be able to get away with a standardish head (like John has suggested above ^^^^^^^). But you do need to factor in the comp. ratio. This is more of a concern when buying a secoind hand head, as when buying new the machiners/builders can allow for your CR by adjusting chamber volume as part of the head build.

#4 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

so a 1380 with a large valve MG metro hgead would be ok?

hmmm got me thinking!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users