18 replies to this topic

#16 Swift_General

Swift_General

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

Very nice! Neat and tidy, almost looks like it came that way from the factory. What's the thinking behind the reservoir? I would have thought without it you'd still get a few usable pumps like the standard set up. Greater safety margin in case of pump failure?

Edited by Swift_General, 24 May 2018 - 06:28 PM.

#17 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

Very nice! Neat and tidy, almost looks like it came that way from the factory. What's the thinking behind the reservoir? I would have thought without it you'd still get a few usable pumps like the standard set up. Greater safety margin in case of pump failure?

Just extra capacity of vacuum. The electric pump is very efficient but not as good as manifold vacuum. When I initially tried it with cadence braking the pump couldn't keep up.

#18 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:00 PM

I found this extremely useful! 

As you may have seen I found the "volvo" version of this pump and all the valves, switches hoses, wires etc. 

I have it all fitted, plumed and wired on my BMW 16V headed 1380. I did this a little different, as I do have a source of vacuum from my TBs. I basically replicated how it was connected on the Volvo. Hose from the engine vacuum, hose from the pump and the hose to the servo connect to a three way connector with pressure switch. The engine vacuum  and the plump inlets have 1 way valves. 

A couple of things I wonder:

Is the pump noisy? I can hear it recharging form inside the car. 

I didn't fit a reservoir (the Volvo didn't use one), I cannot figure out if fitting one would mean my pump ran less or more? 

#19 Bat

Bat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:01 AM

Hi,

The pump won't run less as it will have to top up whatever is used from the reservoir.

It will give you a vacuum reserve when demand is high.

I don't think you will need one with  your booster system as you have some manifold vacuum to start with.

Cheers  :proud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users