#1 Tank67

Tank67

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

I have a mini with a 1275 turbo that does not run. I am new to minis and SU carbs. I have a pressure regulator the keeps the fuel pressure around 4PSI. I did get it running for about five seconds when I switch the fuel line from the fuel in to Anti Run-on valve connection. Anyone know what I can do or what I am doing wrong.

Edited by Tank67, 26 August 2016 - 10:32 PM.

#2 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

sounds like a float valve problem, pull the carb, check the float valve iosnt stuck shut or the little filter behind it clogged. then look at adjusting the idle mix, note the screw turns the opposite way to what most people expect.. in to richen.

#3 Tank67

Tank67

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 10:19 PM

I have adjusted the float but still have the same problem. Could it be fuel pressure? My pump is 4psi going into the carb. Do I need a pump that is higher psi?

#4 Turbo Phil

Turbo Phil

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria Classic Mini Club

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

Have you got the all connections the right way round ? You only need 3-4psi fuel pressure at idle, but the regulator must be the correct rising rate type, and should raise and keep fuel pressure 3-4psi above the current boost pressure. Though even if the reg isn't doing this it will not stop it starting or idling.

Phil.

#5 Tank67

Tank67

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:06 AM

I believe I got them right. Followed this-http://www.mgexp.com...ugh-an-su.html. I know I will need a new fuel pump for it only pumps out 4 psi but it should idle. It still seem like the float chamber is dry unless I put it in the anti-run on valve connection. Then I can get it running for 30 seconds with out pressing the throttle. I have blown air into the fuel in port and it shows 3 psi of pressure on the gauge I hooked up to the anti-run on valve. Before I pull the carb again, is there anything I could check to see it if it is the float valve. I put a new one in last time and checked the spacing.

#6 Tank67

Tank67

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:07 AM

http://www.mgexp.com...ough-an-su.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users