2 replies to this topic

#1 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:25 PM

im in the process of welding the mounting plate on the heel board for the rear subframe all is well up until i offered up the subframe to tac weld the plate on so its in the right place when i found ,,,

the two rear mounts dont line up they are too wide only by a bit though.

I was wandering if its because ive put new poly bushes in and they are thicker in the lip between subframe and trinion they are not fully tight yet.

has anyone had the same trouble and will they compress enough when i tighten them the same with the front so im curious as to how much wider these bushes may be and could they be trimmed down if it came to that.

thanks

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:27 PM

when i replaced my subframe i put the 2 front mounts on and the rear ones dint line up so i loosened off the front ones and jiggled it all about and it lined up eventually. I used poly/deflex mounts on

dunno if that helps.

#3 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

yeh i will do that but ive only got one front one on at the moment i need to get the back two in to line the front two (well one at the mo ) up for welding the new plate in place , bit confusing i know but thanks for the help it is appreciated
lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users