2 replies to this topic

#1 banditmini

banditmini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

I have to replace the following parts and need advice in what order would be best to chop them out and weld them in. I need to replace the whole scuttle panel, both a-panels both outer wings the drivers floor and a bit of sill, front panel and the flitch panels on both sides. I know where they go but the order to do them is giving me brain ache. Cheers for any help

#2 davexdavexdave

davexdavexdave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

i would start with a panels then move on to scuttle then wings just to try to make it easier to line them up right. then do the floor and sill as they dont need to line up as well. i might be wrongbut thats just how i would do it. :proud:

#3 OllyD

OllyD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:09 PM

Sills and floor can be done before or after, depepending on your preference. Everything else is essentially lots of parts of the same job (front end rebuild). i would take off the wings,front panel and a-panels. Replace the flitch panels at this point. Then do the scuttles,but tack them and trial fit the Wings, A-panels and Front panel to make sure you've got the possitioning right.

Then I believe it's A-panels, front panel and wings.

(This may all be complete rubbish, wait for someone more knowledgable to confirm a course of action! :proud: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users