2 replies to this topic

#1 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

Evening all - quick q for the knowledgeable - am refitting all hydraulics to my '80 car and like an idiot had all the pipes remade  to the exact patterns I'd removed off my late unlamented spi - needless to say I'm retrofitting and aim to use the full system and servo from the later car (not to mention front sub / gear linkage and now carb equipped reworked engine.... fitting up this afternoon -new pedal box went straight in without protest (simple with the steering column out)  and..... there's no way on earth the 2 pipes out of the top of the PWDA are going to fit ... the old pipes were dug out of the bin to check  - spot on!  so  no go....I can redesign to make it fit - just...

So...dumb q - did they move the valve on injection cars? -  maybe it moved up a bit and to the o/s more - thats the only theory I have that makes sense at the mo - there's a notch in the servo mounting bracket that suggests it....

#2 minimanclive

minimanclive

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

The valve is closer to the o/s on minis with a servo factory fitted. The captive nut is in a different position.

Have you got the servo fitted? I'd be interested to see how close the valve is to the servo when left in the original non servo position.

Edited by minimanclive, 10 November 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#3 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

Thought so! Yes I've got it fitted will take a quick pic tomorrow - short answer is it's bloody tight and would require an instant 90 deg turn on the pipe immediately after the union - not good - and getting the bottom nut on the servo to mount bracket nigh on impossible.....

Time to move the valve I think!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users