1 reply to this topic

#1 Kevinmini

Kevinmini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

Hi I have a Sportspack with a webasto sunroof and it's currently sitting on the drive in this miserable weather, I am looking for a fully waterproof car cover.

I have a silver thin cover that came with the car that has the brand (cover zone) but no model no and this seems to leak through and hold the water underneath it.

So if anyone has a 100% cover that they can recommend that would be fantastic.

Failing that a car port on the side of the house early next year will solve my problem if I can convince the boss 😳

Edited by Kevinmini, 13 November 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#2 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:10 PM

If the car has had any paint work other than the factory paint I would personally steer clear of a cover that would touch the body as its a sure fire way to get micro blisters.

No cover will protect the car from moisture as it is technically impossible to prevent condensation without something like a carcoon with its own dehumidifier so the moisture that will be generated will get trapped within the fabric and the body probably causing more problems than it will prevent.

I stood up a mini for 12 months in a cheap tent which seemed the best of a bad job. Previously I stood one up with thick blankets under a 100% water proof cover that got soaked within a few weeks with condensation.

The free movement of air with nothing touching the body is the key so i would be pushing for a carport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users