#1 mk=john

mk=john

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Local Club: Milton Keynes Mini Club, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:14 PM

I have a Mk1 Cooper and the rocker cover is very shiny, what looks like BMC Green.
I have a tin of engine BMC green, and wonder if this is the right stuff to use. Also, do I NEED A SPECIAL HEAT RESISTANT PRIMER?

Is it possible to get BMC engine green in spray cans?

Thanks

#2 ANDY J

ANDY J

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:39 PM

I have a Mk1 Cooper and the rocker cover is very shiny, what looks like BMC Green.
I have a tin of engine BMC green, and wonder if this is the right stuff to use. Also, do I NEED A SPECIAL HEAT RESISTANT PRIMER?

Is it possible to get BMC engine green in spray cans?

Thanks

hi mate i did this engine for a mate and all i used is etch primer and enamel paint from an auto paint supplies you can get any colour you want mixed up but you must prep the surface properly as if you don't you are wasting your time, take your time in the prep work and it will show up in the finished job
Attached File  KIF_0937.JPG   807.56K   12 downloads Attached File  KIF_0997.JPG   1.09MB   12 downloads

#3 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

i just use regular car spray paint. works fine for me. coat of primer coat of paint done. there is a guide to paint rocker covers. somthing about making them pretty. i'll have to have a look when i get home.

http://www.theminifo...hl=rocker cover

there you go.

Edited by Big_Adam, 12 September 2006 - 09:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users