#16 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:21 PM

Well, I think this has nothing to do with the carb, so I can only see one other thing it could be and that's the head!? It could be something incredibly odd like a missing pushrod hence the fuel in valve wouldn't open on cyl .

if it was a missing push rod you wouldnt see the rockers moving up and down

#17 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:55 PM

Yep, all the push rods are there!!

What if the rockers were a little stiff to move up or down? Would that affect anything?

Johnny

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

Seriously, if something wasn't moving, it would cause either the pushrod to bent or break, or the rocker assy to bend or break and it would be noticable!

Ironically I was thinking about this over my lunch break, and I was going to post up saying it could be an air leak, but then I went over it again and it sounded silly so I didn't say anything! :proud:

#19 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

Well ive taken it all apart and cleaned it all up (weber, manifold, jets etc) and has made no difference at all.
I had a feel round inside the head (not that i'd know what i was looking for!!) and couldntfind anything out of place. I think its the head. I hope it isnt but i think thats where the problem is. Its run weird since having it done but put it down to the spec of the head. The head was done withthe assumption there was a 286 cam which we have later found out to be a very mild one. So i thought fitting the roller tip rockers would sort it but it has made no diffence.

#20 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:21 PM

It's gotta be the head then mate, I'm not sure I know enough about air leaks to consider it the problem... some-one more informed will be able to guide the thought though.

What if the rockers were a little stiff to move up or down? Would that affect anything?

It would make a noticeable difference to the entire rev range mate... especially noticeable at idle... it would be lumpy if things were too tight, and Tappety (rattly) if too loose.

stumped! :proud:

#21 Cloverleaf

Cloverleaf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:41 PM

Just thinking about your bumpy road and cornering issues and i thought....Have you got the big rubber o-ring gasket between the weber and the manifold? You need to have this and then tighten the two together to allow movement other wise you'll have troubles with throthy fuel.

#22 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Yep, got the rubber gasket things. I cleaned all the points on the dizzy last night and the rotor arm and nothing.

I took the lead off the No.1 spark plug and nothing changed. Although saying that, on occassions sometimes the revs picked up ever so slightly. Really getting frustrated now. Its just sitting in the garage again not being used. A complete waste!!

Johnny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users