#1 NikB

NikB

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hello all,

I've been using this forum for a while for help to finish my long running Mini project and it's close now so I thought I would sign up and introduce myself.

I currently run a Nissan 200SX for track days and a bit of drifting, but I have a Mini that's been lurking in the garage for a while.

The Mini started as a '79 1100 special in silver with a vinyl (noice). It had a very rusty seam on the rear roof section, so we deseamed the lot! It's finished in Jag BRG and will run some very nice wide 10" split rims (once I buy them!). The motor is a 1310 with 1"3/4 SU and a Janspeed system. I think the cam is a 286 and there is also a cam belt and a central oil pick up pipe. The diff has been swapped to a silly ratio (can't remember what now) so it's quick off the line.

It's not far off now, I just need to fit some rear camber brackets which I am struggling with as they need modding - any help on this would be great. Once this is done it needs seatbelts, wheel arches and a bit of welding and it's ready for a MOT. I'm planning on doing a couple of hillclimbs next year at Gurston Down so prepping it for that will be this winter's project.

Anyway here's a picture, feel free to visit my websites for general car stuff. Enjoy!

Posted Image

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

looks good :proud:

start a topic in the projects section and put some more pics up

ps welcome to tmf