3 replies to this topic

#1 Sutty01

Sutty01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Okay my dad got be a car lighter today from a renult which is lit green there are 3 wires Yellow/black, Orange and Black , Now the problem the top of the lighter is round but the led hangs over so i cant just push it in. :'( ive thought of driling the extra bit and then using perspex and 2 prop rivites to seat the top in place? also which wires are which ? And to top it off where should i conect it to (1992 sprite 1.3)

Hope you guys can help chears

Edited by Sutty01, 16 September 2006 - 11:51 AM.

#2 stef

stef

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

on mine i had live, earth, for the lighter. and 2 more again for the led. earth somewhere metal. live from the horn/flasher fuse on the fusebox (2nd down i think) so you can use it without ur ignition on. another wire from the 4th fuse for the led. then comes on when you put on ur lights. the ornage should be live, black earth, and yellow/black for the lighting i guess. mine had 2 earths.

i dont understand what you mean by the led hangs over, but mine was round with the led on top, so i had to put the top through first, with th led, and then squeeze the bottom part of it in, then fit the lighter socket into that. took a while of fileing and drilling.

a ppic would help =)

Edited by stef, 16 September 2006 - 12:32 PM.

#3 Sutty01

Sutty01

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

okay chears i checked em on batt and it was fine ive removed the led and will be using a lit plug in one.

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:57 PM

Firstly it's unlikely to be an LED.

Of course you can just push it in, the green collar with the lamp in it pulls off of the lighter socket. You put the green collar through the panel first and then push the socket through it which locks the assembly together and into place by engaging some lugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users