7 replies to this topic

#1 Dandung86

Dandung86

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Hi all, I need to replace the rear sliding seals on my 82 Clubby estate. The top and side parts say they are for sliding windows but the bottom seal does not. Is this the correct bottom seal for the sliding windows (link below)? Thanks for any help 😀.

http://minispares.co...31.aspx|Back to

Attached Files

Edited by Dandung86, 16 April 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#2 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

yes correct type

#3 Rapidmini59

Rapidmini59

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Local Club: Minifreaks

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:20 AM

Yes its correct.
Although the picture is upside down.
If you need advise on fitting message me.

#4 Dandung86

Dandung86

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

Thanks, I assumed it was upside down as the 2 channel was underneath. I will keep you updated how it goes.

#5 Dandung86

Dandung86

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

I have just finished fitting the rear window seals.

Quite a bit of bodywork prep was needed the last couple of weeks to remove surface rust and get the surface ready for primer (see pic of before). The surround was removed and sorted and was re-fitted after the bottom slide piece was fitted.

The 4 piece Minispares kit looks great and just needed a few mm taken off.

Happy with the end results, a good learning curve that has helped keep the Clubby estate on the road 😀

Attached Files

Edited by Dandung86, 19 May 2017 - 07:13 PM.

#6 Bradchap

Bradchap

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hi Dandung86, I would like to replace the window seals on my estate, was it easy? How do the windows come out?
Regards Brad

#7 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

its a stubborn job getting the old ones out and if you are contemplating this then I advise you to remove the outer frame first then find the rusty old screws that hold the bottom channel in once these have been removed then there is a black plastic glass stop holding the rear glass from sliding forward remove this as well then slide the 2 windows into the middle and hold onto them as you pull the bottom channel outwards once this is done uou can remove the2 side channels and top channel screws should be ok, now you can see how good or bad the metal is and repair if necessary also the outter frame can be treated for rust and primed and painted refit the frame to body then use sicaflex to fix new bottom channel to body now things can get tricky you will need another pair of hands a friend on the outside of car and you inside place the front glass in outter channel and the rear glass in inner channel now get your frienf to hold these whilst you insert the upper channel on to the top of glass and then push the windows into frame then screw upper channel into place then use sicaflax to stick side channels into place job done now repete on the other window

#8 T5FAU

T5FAU

Passed Test

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 01:55 PM

Old thread i know, but i have a query. How does the top of the frame fit to the car body, I have holes in the body as if there should be fitting studs like the lower frame, however i see in all pics the top of the frame surround has no studs, and also theres no cut out slot in the top frame to slide them in and out. Surely the top needs securing ??

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users