#46 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:55 PM

Great to see some current up date on this. Your work is looking really good, you should be very please with your results.

#47 Bdshim

Bdshim

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

Looking great nice and neat , what size compressor are you using out of interest

#48 Junior Mini

Junior Mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:31 AM

Looking great nice and neat , what size compressor are you using out of interest

Hi thank you for your comments  :proud:

I am using a Wolf Dakota 90L. I was a bit sceptical when i bought it because it so cheap, but it's been really good  :highfive:

#49 Junior Mini

Junior Mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:32 AM

Great to see some current up date on this. Your work is looking really good, you should be very please with your results.

Yes i must admit, i am loving this. I wish i had decided to do this for a living instead but i might not enjoy it as much if it was my everyday job?

#50 Junior Mini

Junior Mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Hi Mini Forum folks,

So not many pictures this time as i have been busy getting on and forgot to take any (Sorry  >_< )

So these last 2 weekends, i have been busy fitting Trixy's new face  :proud:

The drivers side wing dropped into place but the passenger side just didn't want to play ball. I tried all sorts of combinations and in the end after much massaging of the scuttle end i managed to get it to fit with the help of several pop rivets.

So once i was happy with the alignment, it all got spot welded in place including the little tabs for the A-panels. 

However after leaving it overnight i came back and still wasn't 100% happy with the panel gap down the passenger side, It was even and then about 8" from the bend at the front it tucked in slightly (I think i may have lent of the front of the wing when i was welding it and shoved it in slightly  >_< )

So nothing for it now, I marked the ideal line with masking tape down the bonnet and took lots of brave pills to carefully bend the the return lip down the effected area of the passenger side on my brand new heritage bonnet.

I then carefully bent it back down the new masked line and dressed it as best as i could to a sharp edge with a panel hammer and a dolly. Unfortunately i has a little rippling of the bonnet skin, not much but enough so it has had to have a thin skim of filler. Not my proudest moment. 

But that has left me with the following panel gaps which i think look fine, all an even 5mm  :proud: The passenger side still looks a bit big in the last picture, but i think thats the way i have taken the picture as after seeing it i remeasured and it is actually the same both sides.

X7ALvDd.jpg

TarmLLL.jpg

zcbVRnD.jpg

Any comments or feedback welcome, enjoy the time in the garage  :shifty:

#51 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:36 PM

Very nice job - making good progress now.

#52 simpsonsclassics

simpsonsclassics

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:11 PM

Smashing it!

#53 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:09 PM

Smashing work here, going to hopefully be replicating the work on mine so its nice to see how i should try and do it!

#54 Bdshim

Bdshim

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:55 PM

Looking great,

#55 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:36 PM

Loving Trixys lines ? Top work keep it up ??

#56 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

Can you remember the size of the angle metal you used to strengthen the rear seat base, the bit along the front lip ?
Thank you in advance

#57 Junior Mini

Junior Mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:46 PM

Can you remember the size of the angle metal you used to strengthen the rear seat base, the bit along the front lip ?
Thank you in advance

I used a piece of 1.0mm steel that was an inch wide and folded through the middle. I folded a piece a bit longer than i needed it and then cut it down to fit the seat base.

I hope that's clear???? If not i'll do a drawing with some dimensions for you  :proud:

#58 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:15 PM

[quote name="Junior Mini" post="3648467" timestamp="1589463981"]

[quote name="leepol83" post="3648326" timestamp="1589396845"]

Thank you in advance[/quote]

I used a piece of 1.0mm steel that was an inch wide and folded through the middle. I folded a piece a bit longer than i needed it and then cut it down to fit the seat base.
I hope that's clear???? If not i'll do a drawing with some dimensions for you :proud:[/quote
Brilliant that’s perfect thank you for that, something I forgot to do and reading you’re post made me realise ? thanks again great project ??

#59 ski

ski

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:42 AM

Just had a read through, some serious work! Looking very good now.

Noticed we have the same compressor ?.

#60 gaspen

gaspen

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:33 PM

Hello

Inside the sills you apply zinc primer only ? Will you use hollow wax directly on the primer ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users