7 replies to this topic

#1 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

I've been looking around for a magic pipe to be able to fir a 1.75" maniflow system to the standard 998 cast manifold. As i don't want the hassle of fitting and lcb and spate manifold etc. But I'm not sure if the magic pipes I've found will fit with the rest of the exhaust system, and I'm not willing to waste £40 to find out.

With my standard minispares lcb, the maniflow link pipe fits over the end of the y section.

33715129314_011bc34e90_c.jpg

33715129324_cb59be6b4b_c.jpg

But looking on maniflows website, there magic pipe is listed for fitting 1.3/4" systems. http://www.maniflow....55&product=1110 But would the larger link pipe i have just simply slide over rather than in like it does on the y section?

Minispares just says there's is for an rc40, Are the rc40's 1.75" diameter?https://www.minispar...haust.aspx|Back to shop

Sportex do one that is for 2" systems, witch is too big (pointless on 998 anyways)

And one on eBay, witch look to have nicked a pic from somewhere is less than helpful with the description. http://www.ebay.co.u...e8AAOSwRgJXj4WG

So out of the 3 is the minispares one the most likely to fit my 1.75" system?

#2 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

So no one has any ideas?

#3 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:48 AM

The maniflow and minispares pipes have the same part number, so I'm guessing they are the same? The RC40 is 1.75" outside diameter, so it would slip inside the end of the "magic pipe". If you talked to maniflow I'm sure they could sort you out with a complete system which is guaranteed to work. 

Then again, a decent "Stage 1" kit from minispares or similar will make the car faster, rather than just louder  :D . It's not too tricky to replace the manifolds, just takes a little time and patience. 

#4 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Yes the RC40 fits LDP1.

#5 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

Having measured my maniflow link pipe, its internal bore is 1.7/8", so hopefully will slip over the minispares one. Although I've had problems in the past of buying manifolds and systems, then finding the diameters of pipes being exactly the same and not sliding together.

I don't think the mini spares and maniflow ones are the same, the part numbers might be, but the maniflow one is green and the minispares are black.

I could well just fit the lcb and alloy inlet along with the fully exhaust system i already have. But, i previously had a stage one kit on the mini a few years back and had a few issues with it. For starters because the lcb is designed for a 1275 and the 1275 blocks are taller, when fitted to a 998 the y section hangs lower under the car. Witch I was forever catching on speed bumps (the car wasn't even that low) and causing the pipes to slide apart.

I'd also say I lost power and never really gained anything at the top end either. As a few years back with mine (standard 998 with pea shooter and the wrong dizzy) on a rolling road day (set up, not just a power run) alongside another 998 with the same gearbox/diff, but a full stage one kit. Mine made 30bhp at the wheels and the other 36bhp at the wheels. Although the big difference being that extra 6bhp was only gained after 5k. At every point comparing the graphs, mine was making more power up to that point before dropping off. So in the real world in daily driving where I'd never drive around with it seaming at 5k or more, I wouldn't be gaining anything.

So my thinking was that just by simply unbolting the standard pea shooter, keeping the stock cast manifold and bolting up the maniflow system and magic pipe. I'd gain a nicer exhaust note without it being overly loud (it's a daily not a weekend toy) and wouldn't lose out too much of the bottom end and midrange power.

#6 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

We (Minispares) sell the Maniflow LDP1, it is the same.

#7 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

We (Minispares) sell the Maniflow LDP1, it is the same.

Could you confirm the outside diameter of the end of the magic pipe in mm please.

#8 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

47/48mm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users