7 replies to this topic

#1 Leebo

Leebo

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:51 PM

Newbie Mini owner, Newbie forum member, Just here to say Hiya........I now wave at all classc mini owners/drivers! Hey, they wave back too! Yay!!!

#2 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:47 AM

Heya there! Welcome!

I'm a relatively newbie mini owner two!
My first mini wave was amazing! brought a massive grin to my face! And it just gets better and better!!

Bean
x

Edited by beanjardo, 21 September 2006 - 12:48 AM.

#3 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

Welcome to tmf and hope you enjoy it here. IMHO exchanging waves with other minis is a big part of the fun. Also some of us wave at other classic cars like Sprites and Austin 7s. I got an unsolicited wave from a Jag XK120 the other day (mmm, nice sunglasses).

Just remember that if you wave to a mini when you're not in one yourself you can lead others to think you're a bit batty. Which of course we are. :D To cope with that frustrating feeling when you're out walking and see a mini and want to communicate without resorting to leaping out in front of it and getting run over, I carry my mini key ring to wave, or better still wear one of my mini logo t-shirts to flash. This is probably distracting and dangerous but am I bovvered? La la la I can't hear you I'm too busy waving :dontgetit:

I'm not mad I'm just old :ph34r:

Edited by Teapot, 21 September 2006 - 09:42 AM.

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

I'm not mad I'm just old

With one the other follows! :dontgetit:

welcome to TMF mate! I always get waved and flashed by other mini owners (particuarly since i'm in a clubman, so should I pass another clubby it usually involves horn honking too and and manic waving with both hands!) also get waved by classics, triumph's campers, bikers seem to appreciate my baby too since a lot of bikers have had minis at some point (odd but true!)

Any, yeah,... it's like one big family here! (apart from teapot,.. who sits on a rocking chair wearing a straw hat and hooting!!!) I only jest!!!

#5 Leebo

Leebo

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a couple of them wavy hands that are held on by sucker, circa mid 80's?

My arm is beggining to ache from all this waving! lol

#6 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:34 PM

My first mini wave was amazing! brought a massive grin to my face! And it just gets better and better!!

You never forget your first lol

Just remember that if you wave to a mini when you're not in one yourself you can lead others to think you're a bit batty.

Ahhh that explains a lot now :dontgetit:

Welcome to TMF :D

#7 minipip

minipip

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Local Club: TMF SE

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:58 PM

You never forget your first lol

ull pick up diffent techniques to this my fave is im a driver with my arm out the window, they get a very descreate thumbs up off me! and if they have a lush one the get a wave, and sometimes a flash, if there off tmf or i know them they get a toot too. oh also recomend an air horn if you dont have one.

wenjoy the mini forum dude!

#8 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Maybe we should have a ratings chart so we can all get it right, minipip?

1 Rusty mini -- nod/grin
2 OK mini -- grin/thumbs up
3 Lush mini -- wave/flash/grin
4 tmf member -- toot/wave/flash/raucous laughter/shout greeting
5 Fit bird in any kind of mini -- toot/wave/flash/wink/grin/shout/rev engine mightily/turn up stereo/adjust aftershave levels/rummage in rear bin for breathmint/bounce up and down in seat/veer off course/operate hazards/offer Smarties/jump out and pick flowers from roadside
Or so I'm told :dontgetit:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users