#16 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

Penketh not that far from me either, I'll be at the next meet I hope, but might be away at Center Parcs then, not 100% just at the moment...

I see on the NWCC website that theres a meeting at Barton Aerodrome this Saturday (16/7/2017), I'll be there at the other end of the runway that day as I'll be at the model flying club.... might pop over to have a nosey... I'll be in me Mini of course :)

Even closer to me :-) Shame I work Saturdays

#17 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Penketh not that far from me either, I'll be at the next meet I hope, but might be away at Center Parcs then, not 100% just at the moment...

I see on the NWCC website that theres a meeting at Barton Aerodrome this Saturday (16/7/2017), I'll be there at the other end of the runway that day as I'll be at the model flying club.... might pop over to have a nosey... I'll be in me Mini of course :)

I wont be there myself but I'm sure Nigel and the rest will look after you.

I used to fly models planes too, still have a couple up in the garage rafters :proud:

#18 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

These are Control Line models, I do have RC aircraft too. Im paying the flying club a visit as Iv not been there for a number of years (about 12 years approx) and want to get back into the hobby again...

Who do I need to lookout for, I presume they will be in Mini's...?

#19 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

It's a multi marque car club, everything from a 1920's Morris Cowley to a Reliant Kitten pick-up. There's a few Mini's in the club (I think about seven) but only a couple of them regularly attend the shows. The variety is what I like about it, there's always something new turning up :shifty:

Nigel France is the Chairman (probably be there in his 1948 Austin) but Kenny Jackson, Steve Tanser, Phil Stott (his son has got a Min Ritz) will most probably be there too.

Edited by panky, 13 July 2017 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users