Photo

This Girl Can ( Or Rather Can't!) Solve Light Problems.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 S4lly

S4lly
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:45 AM

Hi I am new to the forum. I have an 84 mini which has just had a lot of rust removed!! Since getting it back I have been having lots of problems with the lights. Indicators intermittent, no back night lights. So I first of all changed the bulbs at the rear..... made no difference. Then I carefully changed the fuse box.... Hey presto lights worked. But....... windscreen wipers didn't. So I fiddled around with connections and wipers worked.........lights didn't now!!! When I drive the car the clock keeps going off and coming back on, the indicators and wipers and headlights the same. So in short everything works but not constantly and not at the same time!!
I would like to try and sort it myself, so can anybody give me some ideas of what to try next please?

#2 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

If you have fitted a new fuse box the next step would be to change the connectors onto the fuse box, I would replace these then check all of the earth points and make sure they are clean.

#3 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

As above i would go through taking off at at a time and cleaning them if possible, or terminating new ends on. Old wiring will be correded and no doubt be covered in engine gunk etc. So strip back til you get clean metal and reterminate. Make sure all connections are nice and solid making good contact.

#4 spraybeater

spraybeater

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local Club: Mcr

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

If you need someone to take a look and give you some pointers let me know!

I am in West Yorkshire, and know a little bit about Minis :shy:

#5 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,462 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

I think I'd be checking if the derustificationing disturbed any earth points, or melted any wiring.  Also look at the connections on the starter solenoid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users