8 replies to this topic

#1 Snodgrass

Snodgrass

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Hello. New member here so first post. Ive had a few minis in the past including a Watson converted VTEC. The notion for another one has returned and a friend is considering selling his z cars r1 powered car. The conversion was done over 10 years ago by z cars but the car was built into a new heritage shell and has only covered 1000 miles. The car spends its life sitting in a bubble so is still immaculate. Just wondering opinions here on the r1 conversion? Also theres not many for sale lately so its hard to decide on value. Any advise appreciated. Thanks

#2 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hi iam building a zcar and just to give you a idea on price i spent £17.000 and its no where near finished but mine has busa power and a qba axel not chain drive and i know a few lads who have spent a lot more and the r1 kits are some of the first so they have come on since that was built but you can get it and make it your own as you go on all the best and welcome craig west midlands

#3 Snodgrass

Snodgrass

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for that Craig. I reckon around 10k would buy the car. I was just a bit worried if I spend a bit on it myself then after a year or two decide to sell who knows what the market for them will be. It is a early conversion as it was a new mini front subframe modified with coilovers rather than the complete z cars front frame. It also has the older carb engine. Would clutches be a big issue with them?

#4 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

I use to race f1 sidecars and we used r1 engines and pre injection but dont let that put you off there is lot you can do and buy now if it has all the parts there and runs drives and stops ok and its already got mot you will love it and if you have never been in one you will have a grin from ear to ear the first time you drive it you can pm me or call me on 07967565286 if you need any help or imfo if i can assist i will

#5 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

I use to race f1 sidecars and we used r1 engines and pre injection but dont let that put you off there is lot you can do and buy now if it has all the parts there and runs drives and stops ok and its already got mot you will love it and if you have never been in one you will have a grin from ear to ear the first time you drive it you can pm me or call me on 07967565286 if you need any help or imfo if i can assist i will

#6 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Sorry posted it twice and as for the clutch a good uprated one works just fine 👍

#7 Snodgrass

Snodgrass

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Thanks a lot for the advice. Ill get another good look and run in the car if the snow leaves soon. Ill give you a shout if I need any more help.

#8 Painter man

Painter man

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

No worries yer snow a pain here in birmingham you need a dry day to test drive

#9 pauledwards

pauledwards

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hi, did you decide on a price, dependant on price i would be very interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users