#1 shorty_at_the_parlour

shorty_at_the_parlour

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

:gimme: OK, this is driving me mad and I can't work it out, I am only learning so bear with me. I cannot get my spots to come on and my window wipers will only go off when THEY want to! They will not listen to me and I find myself squirting window washer to stop them dragging until they get fed up and eventually stop. I wiggle the arm thingy that switches them off but don't know if I am stopping them or if is it a coincidence. I have checked and cleaned my fuses, they look OK, got hubby to check them again and look for loose wires, do you think I need to get a wee man to check my wiring or could it be something so simple that I am having a blonde moment and missing??? ( i am a red head but have blonde moments!!?) >:gimme:

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:16 PM

does the head light main beam come on ?

sounds like its the wiper switch :gimme:

#3 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

what about the self park switch on the actual wiper motor packing up or getting stuck!! bugger to get to tho!! but cheaper to fix than a switch!!

#4 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

have you tried cleaning the contacts on the wiper stalk?

#5 shorty_at_the_parlour

shorty_at_the_parlour

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

Main beam and other lights come on but don't seem very bright. Read other problems and checked fuses but all seems well, am a novice and this doesn't help :-

OK, think I might need to get a man to look at that at the garage....maybe if I read my repair manual I might tackle it myself....watch this space :w00t:

cleaning the what on the what???? Sorry novice here, really have to read some of the manual I think ;D

:'( Thanks for all of your help, have decided to take my manual for some bed time reading when I take my wee car away for the weekend. Watch out for me bombing my way up north....again! S'funny, don't see many minis when I go up there but people wave at me driving past lol :-

#6 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:04 PM

Yeah for the wipers, get the wiper motor park-switch replaced first and if the problem still persists, then your wiper-motor itself needs looking at and probably needs new brushes and lubricating?

Edited by taffy1967, 05 October 2006 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users