No replies to this topic

#1 Sprok

Sprok

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

Im having trouble lining up the rear valence with the wheel arch and the bracket containing the subframe strengthening plate and valence closure plate. Look everywhere but cant find a photo to help.
Basically ive replaced the back section of boot floor and fitted a new wheel arch. Ive bolted the subframe to the healboard And have marked the position for the subframe strengthening plate/valence closure plate bracket using the position of the rear trunions. The brakets seem to fit nicely around the rear wheen arch but when i come to fit the valence the closure plate is preventing the valence from going forwards enough ie the valence is a quarter inch too far to the rear. All panels are heritage. The only solution i can think of is to cut the closure plate where it joins its base plate. Allow the backing plate to move forwards and then weld in new position. BUT i cant help thinking these should be a straight fit and i shouldnt be needing to cut brand new brakets ?? Anyone come Across this ? Why do the rear of the heritage wheelarches have a lip that bends in towards the wheel well ? Seems wrong but theyre obviously made that way for a reason ? Ive got photos ill try and post.
Any help much appreciated cheers jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users