Photo
- - - - -

Are There Any Minis About In The Widnes - Warrington Area?

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#31 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:38 AM

Im also in Wigan, not far from Steve above. Id be willing to lend a hand in reassembling Steve when the weather gets better LOL

Im a member of Leyland Mini Club, was a member of NW Mini Club but I didnt really like the clique there.... Didnt like the way that members of the same family ran the club.... Theres also a Mini club in Chorley, but thats hit and miss if anyone turns up so I stopped going....

Id be up for a meet later in the year, mine should be back on the road then too. Its got its MoT next month and I know it won't pass, so gives me an excuse to take it off the road and sort out the thing....

I might hold you to that. Ha.
Ive seen the leyland mini club at a few car shows and there always seems to be a good turnout with them. I also joined the group in Chorley on Facebook but I dont use it anymore. I never got to go to any of their meets
Steve

I am happy to lend a hand to I am only in Widnes so no far away either. Again like above I have seen Leyland Mini Club at some events to, always look like a good bunch of guys and gals....

#32 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

Sounds like I better get a move on with my Winter maintenance & mods on the Minis then..  >_<  :D

#33 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

Think I was working when you came to collect them otherwise I couldve shown you the car. I will let you know if/when I need help when I get the car back.

Yep you wasn't in when I came round...

As I say, Im happy to lend a hand - as long as its a weekend :)

Sounds like I better get a move on with my Winter maintenance & mods on the Minis then..  >_<  :D

All depends on the mods you want to do....

#34 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Looks like the makings of great new club. Just got the little job of getting the GT finished

#35 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

Think I was working when you came to collect them otherwise I couldve shown you the car. I will let you know if/when I need help when I get the car back.

It's more underside strip / repaint maintenance and subtle changes now, but the main one is 10's  

Sounds good though, im deffo up for some meets when the weathers better!  (still got loads of parts to offload too :shifty: :lol:)

#36 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

Can I come in my wife's retro-mobile (shhh it's French...) while the mini is in bits?  :lol: 

#37 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

As long as you park well away ;D

#38 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

As long as you park well away ;D

haha of course  ;D 

#39 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

It's more underside strip / repaint maintenance and subtle changes now, but the main one is 10's  

Sounds good though, im deffo up for some meets when the weathers better!  (still got loads of parts to offload too :shifty: :lol:)

I might need some of those parts haha

#40 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

to be honest Id be more likely to go to regular meets if my local club was a bit more local to me.

Don't get me wrong Leyland Mini Club are a great bunch of folks to meet with and talk to, and its my choice to join and turn up too.

I haven't been since about August last year, even though Iv meant to go, but life just gets in the way at times...

@Sam - What more parts you want to offload....? If you have any rear arms that need rebuilding Id be more than willing to take them off you, need them for my trailer project...

#41 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Looks like the makings of great new club. Just got the little job of getting the GT finished

Need somewhere thats central to us all and easily accessible to us all too. I used to go to car meets at a pub called Winwick Quay at Warrington. Its fairly central-ish and easily accessible from the M62 and M6...Just a suggestion...

#42 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Plenty of nice potential venues / starting points around town and a little further out. Main thing is to get a date in the diary we can work around.

As an aside not sure whether anyone's going to the Gawsworth Hall show May Bank holiday? Real hidden gem.

#43 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

Need somewhere thats central to us all and easily accessible to us all too. I used to go to car meets at a pub called Winwick Quay at Warrington. Its fairly central-ish and easily accessible from the M62 and M6...Just a suggestion...

I'm only 20 mins from the Winwick Quay, would be good. Another option is Juniper Farm, the old Mascrat Manor, it's right on the junction for the M6 off the A57, lots of parking. If you look at the Miniworld website Warrington Mini Club are still listed as meeting there twice a month, but I don't think they have been active for years

#44 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Winwick Quay pub is about 20 mins from me too, nice grub there too...

The Mascrat Manor was a meet I wanted to go to when I first got my current Mini, but never did or have been for some unknown reason...

#45 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Plenty of nice potential venues / starting points around town and a little further out. Main thing is to get a date in the diary we can work around.

As an aside not sure whether anyone's going to the Gawsworth Hall show May Bank holiday? Real hidden gem.

Just looked at Gawsworth Hall website and theres no mention of it...?

Ken Dodds on though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users