Photo
- - - - -

Prize Raffle - Win An Interior For £10 (Or Maybe £20)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Prize Raffle - Win An Interior For £10 (Or Maybe £20) (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How much would you pay to enter an interior raffle?

1. Is this a completely stupid idea? Your not interested. (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

2. 60 tickets at £10 a ticket (odds of 1/60) (27 votes [79.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

3. 30 tickets at £20 a ticket (odds of 1/30) (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Good afternoon TMF,

We have recently see a trend of businesses raffling off items (if anyone follows JM Imports on Facebook you will have see there latest Nissan GTA raffle) and this got us thinking...

Would you lovely lot be interested in an interior raffle?

It's a very simple theory... We sell raffle tickets, once they are all sold we have a prize draw and the winner gets a new interior for there beloved Classic Mini.

We would like to offer two options (for the prize):

• Option 1: Seat retrims & door cards (P&P not included).
  • Option 2: Seat covers, door cards, dash liners, dash tray liner, parcel shelf board, rear pocket liners & rear wheel arch covers (inc. P&P to UK Mainland destinations).

Both options would only include standard Classic Mini original seats and basically be items from our product range (so you can pick and choose the trimming options & specifications you require, from our standard ranges of leatherette and carpet to match your interior).

We would like to know what you think and also how much you would like to pay for a ticket (in return for certain odds).

1. Is this a completely stupid idea? Your not interested.
  2. 60 tickets at £10 a ticket (odds of 1/60)
  3. 30 tickets at £20 a ticket (odds of 1/30)

Obviously £20 is a lot more than £10 for a raffle, but at £20 you half the odds of winning - so we are very interested to know peoples thoughts.

Please let us know what you think (by voting on the poll) and also please fire away with any other suggestions. Fingers crossed the idea is well received and we can look to offer our first raffle ASAP.

Regards,

Andy @ Optimise Automotive.

#2 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

Good morning TMF,

262 topic views and only 10 votes, so I'm sadly assuming that this isn't of interest to Mini owners - such a shame, I really did think an interior for £10 would be a great idea.

Regards,

Edited by roberts, 26 February 2018 - 01:19 PM.

#3 Xinarin13

Xinarin13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

I have a 96 and I like my cooper seats... packages might not work too well.

#4 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

I have a 96 and I like my cooper seats... packages might not work too well.

So you would be interested in a £550 gift voucher in a £10 raffle?

That way you could pick and choose individual items (up to a value), rather than seats being included.

Regards,

#5 SolarB

SolarB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

I'd gamble a tenner on a raffle.

#6 Xinarin13

Xinarin13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:36 AM

I'm interested, not sure you have enough stuff on your site that I could use... but I'm interested.

#7 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

I'm interested, not sure you have enough stuff on your site that I could use... but I'm interested.

Yeah, that's why we initially thought packages including either seat retrims or seat covers would be the best thing. Also the idea of "win an interior" kinda has to include seats (as they are the most important element of an interior).

However (and as mentioned above), offering a "win an interior up to the value of £550" offers the option of picking and choosing exactly what you would like. And, it's not as difficult as you might think, to spend the £550 when kitting out an interior:

• Dash rail retrims: £100
  • Dashboard: £100
  • Door cards: £85
  • Speaker pods: £30
  • Parcel shelf board: £20
  • Deluxe boot lining kit: £60
  • Boot lid cover: £15
  • Rear pocket trim: £30
  • Headlining kit: £100

That simple list conveniently adds up to £540.

Regards,

#8 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

Good morning TMF,

Great to see this progress and as the days have passed we have received a lot of positive feedback (not just here but also through our newsletter and Facebook), here on TMF the poll now has a clear favourite option with just over 70% of you voting for a £10 ticket @ odds of 1/60.

We will give it until the end of the week, give the idea a good mulling over and then decide if a raffle is a viable option (obviously 60 tickets is a lot to sell) next week.

Regards,

#9 bae1994

bae1994

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

I'd be interested at £10 aswell

#10 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

IMHO I don't think its going to do well as an idea, the whole principle of a raffle or lottery is that a person can gamble a relatively small amount of money for a large prize.

With your proposal its a lot of money upfront (not sure how many people can afford to waste £10 in one go and also how many will do it more than once?) and not a particularly big prize comparatively, OK the odds are much better than a normal lottery but I still don't see it as a viable option.  Maybe it would work as a one off publicity stunt?

#11 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:02 AM

IMHO I don't think its going to do well as an idea, the whole principle of a raffle or lottery is that a person can gamble a relatively small amount of money for a large prize.

With your proposal its a lot of money upfront (not sure how many people can afford to waste £10 in one go and also how many will do it more than once?) and not a particularly big prize comparatively, OK the odds are much better than a normal lottery but I still don't see it as a viable option.  Maybe it would work as a one off publicity stunt?

Yeah, that's exactly our thinking behind asking for your opinions.

The current trend of raffles I've taken note of is cars though and as I mentioned in my initial post, the JM Imports raffles have particularly grabbed my attention - this however, is a £100 stake at odds of 1/700.

That's certainly not gambling a small amount, but yes (as you rightly point out), if you win, you do end up with something worth 50k ish. I'd imagine in most cases the winner won't realistically be able to afford the running costs of a GTR (sadly) and end up selling it (I dread to think what insurance, servicing and petrol is on a 1000+ horsepower car). So ultimately, the gamble of a £100 is that you basically have an investment in something worth 50k (if you win).

So keep it and enjoy it (if you can afford to) or sell it, either way you win.

Obviously that doesn't apply to our raffle - as you are gambling on winning an interior for your own Mini, which (unless you sell the Mini) has no value.

However, our idea was to allow Mini owners who cant necessarily afford a new interior, but can afford a gamble with £10, when there is a chance to win a new interior. It wasn't as much the idea that I was questioning I guess - it's more the "will 60 people be interested?".

As this poll has progressed an increasing number have voted "60 tickets at £10 a ticket (odds of 1/60)", around 75%. Our one concern isn't really the amount (per ticket), it's getting 60 people to buy a ticket.

Alternatively (and this isn't something that had initially crossed our mind), would more be interested in a £5 ticket with odds of around (1/120)?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Edited by roberts, 01 March 2018 - 02:45 PM.

#12 Pistonbroke66

Pistonbroke66

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:54 PM

As luck would have I dont actually need any interior stuff at the moment but i'm grateful for you making the effort Andy. I'd chuck a fiver at it in support though.

best of luck with the venture.

#13 Dag

Dag

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I would be in it for £10 or £20

#14 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?