fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:25 AM

:- hello everyone!! my names nick and my local club is SMAG :withstupid:

i have been a member on tmf for over a year not but never really checked up or posted on here!! only the last month really!! :errr:

i just checked the technical section again (this appears to be me haunt) and most of the posts had my name in it!! so i figured id better come on here and say hello so atleast u know who i am!!

i've had many many minis over the last 9 years or so and to be honest i really must have come across about every single problem on the buggers from having a blow out at 80mph 4 up to having the loom catch fire to dirty earths!!, i've had a wheel cylinder explode on me(literally crack and go bang) i've done suspension work for track days built my own cammed 1098 i have even worked on stuart meads mighty green beast many a year ago when it was first on the road, it used to melt throttle cables regularly!! :w00t:

the only job i havent done is rebuild a gearbox tho i have changed a few and built bus ones at a previous job. Never having much money to myself i've always had to repair/bodge/find an alternative to what i've had so if and of my experiences can be of help to any of you id be more than happy to throw in my 2 pennys worth!! :genius:

my current project is a bare shell rebuild of a 1979 v-reg clubman (not 1275gt)!! im going all out race running gear with the exception of a luke warm engine tho a 1293 with a 276 cam and big valve head on a 40 webber + 6" manifold shudnt be too shabby in a car that has a only what the fia says it has to have!!! no heater and no back seat, no door pockets and no boot floor (thats where the alli fuel tank is) ooh and a fibreglass front end!! :D

she is nearly complete and should be on the road for next year!! there are some pictures of her on http://spaces.msn.com/fikus01 i've just finished my custom loom!! i have to plumb in a mount my fuel tank and flip front and thats about it!! OK it looks loke a round nose flip front on it but only because one came in cheap) :crazy:

future plans include a 7 port head and straight cuts before getting bored with a-series and having something sillier!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

see you on here and at shows

nick (fikus01) :-

#2 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

Hello and welcome to TheMiniForum

Continue to Enjoy B)

#3 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

Fikus dude!, My clubman is a 1980 'V' :D

#4 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

hello welcome to tmf

are you a mate of marcus (green and white mini) as i know marcus from sailing :D

#5 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 07 October 2006 - 12:03 PM

Hello and Welcome to TMF!

Enjoy the site as much as you were! B)

#6 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:00 AM

hello bungle yes i know marcus!! have for years startes sailing with him when we were about 13!! i gave it up tho!! i think its my fault he has a mini!! and i've met you at riviera i think!!!! and retro 10's dont be ashamed of me but it has a round nose (because it was cheap) and i believe it has been reshelled with a 90's shell so possibly not even a genuine clubby im so ashamed :D:(:w00t::( a man can only work with what he has tho

#7 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

shame on you lol!

get a clubby front on it asap! fraud! lol. :D :w00t:

#8 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

its probably more genuine without the clubby front, lol!!

#9 mini-gti

mini-gti

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

nice motor mate can i have your bias valve PLEASE

Gaz

Edited by mini-gti, 09 October 2006 - 09:46 PM.

#10 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:32 PM

hahahaha come look we have ourselves a funny man!! it costs the same as a minispares "modified old one" item and looks lots sexier!! have a look on demon thieves (i mean tweeks) online!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users