4 replies to this topic

#1 bangermadness08

bangermadness08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

So in very nearly done on building the car last bit is the sunroof is a full folding webasto one ive replaced the skin not too difficult but cannot get the tension cables to adjust right and well left at a dead end... I live not too far from brighton and would really appreciate if anyone knew a place or people who can help me and my roof out as its soo soo close to being ready
Thanks guys

#2 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Local Club: BHMC, MCR

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

Couple of places recommended in this thread on a Rover forum, looks like The Trimming Centre in Lewes would be worth a chat as the nearest to you.

#3 bangermadness08

bangermadness08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

I've contacted them but as my car is still being built they don't want to know with out the car althou the whole sunroof is one unit.. all I need is new tension cables but have no idea where to buy some

#4 [email protected]

[email protected]

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Local Club: Long Island Mini Enthusiasts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

Maybe these guys can help?

http://www.allbrit.d...?flash=faltdach

I believe that link is for parts for the original, larger Aero-Top 1 with the motor in the back, versus the Aero-Top II or Webasto H400 with the integrated motor/control assembly up front...

But they might have the right cables for your unit...

#5 [email protected]

[email protected]

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Local Club: Long Island Mini Enthusiasts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:02 PM

Another update on possible sources for sunroof parts in case someone is looking in the future and stumbles on this thread.

I've bought a replacement skin kit for the Aerotop 1 or British Open Classic here: https://www.ebay.co....C8AAOSwImRYRumn and it came with brand new cables and crimp fittings.

I'm not sure how long that ebay listing will remain up, so I'll also list what I think are their business websites based on some research I did off the packaging.

Once I install the replacement skin I'll be certain to post whether it was worth it or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users