Photo
- - - - -

minisport brake kit with standard calipers...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jim295

jim295

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

Ok so basically looking on the minisport site and i dont want to buy new calipers as im very skint atm but still want to improve braking on my mini... found this http://www.minisport...ds-product.html on the minisport website.. i noticed that in their kits with calipers that they have options of different calipers for different types of discs though... as in 'vented' and 'unvented' so would i be able to put the minisport kit which has crosdrilled and grooved discs into the standard calipers on my '88 Jet Black??

Any help much appreciated :-

(i know i may sound like an idiot here but want to make sure before buying them only to find out they won't fit or work properly...)

Edited by jim295, 14 October 2006 - 08:46 PM.

#2 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

yes, those disks should fit your calipers, but you shouldnt really need much more than a set of new disks and some ebc black stuff pads on a 998.

#3 jim295

jim295

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

ok cheers... i do have plans for a bit of tweeking to the engine sometime soon - stage 2 kit maybe with twin 1 1/4s so was looking at what would help with the stopping... :-

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 07:35 AM

Unless your really really tuning the 998, you won't need any improvement other than decent pads (Mintex 1144 or EBC Black Stuff).

Don't forget, braking has nothing to do with the power of the engine, but everything to do with the mass of the car your trying to stop and the speeds which you are trying to stop from!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users