#1 MaximMini

MaximMini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:46 AM

Hi Everyone,

My intention is to make a new back part of the boot floor from scratch (see my Mini diary). Since the rear part of the boot floor wasn't quite in the most original state on my Mini, I don't really have something to get the width and angle of the bent down lip of. Has someone an original panel and could provide those two figures please?

Thank you very much ..

#2 MaximMini

MaximMini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting closer to actually fabricating the rear part of the boot floor from scratch and therefore would appreciate if someone could please take some measurements as above and share the results with me.

Thank you very much ..

#3 And again

And again

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hi was wondering if you managed to find out the angle of the lip,I'm trying to fit magnum rear valance and it fits like a pig so I was hoping to find out angle myself to give me something to start with thanks in advance

#4 And again

And again

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Please see pi size of lip @25mm
The angle of my lip at the moment is @12 degrees but I'm not sure this angle is right,hoping one of the more experienced people will be able to help.

Attached Files

#5 drooper

drooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

i can only suggest you put the rear bumper on and check if looks level/sits right and boot dont foul the bumper , adust as needed

Edited by drooper, 17 January 2019 - 05:14 PM.

#6 MaximMini

MaximMini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

Hi,

I have managed to make the repair panel from scratch in the meantime and before the final tweaking have overdone the angle because according to my experiences it's easier to flatten the bend out a bit later on. If I will find some time during the week, I will upload more pictures to my build thread.

Cheers from the Pied Pipers Town ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users