18 replies to this topic

#16 Chodosh

Chodosh

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:08 AM

Also swapped to 10x5.5 JBW W8s. They fouled the front wing and I had to chop about 2cm off. It hurt me to do it, but once done I felt better. Should be fine with the arches I guess.... But I threw some group 2 race on to keep the wide look.

Also swapped to 10x5.5 JBW W8s. They fouled the front wing and I had to chop about 2cm off. It hurt me to do it, but once done I felt better. Should be fine with the arches I guess.... But I threw some group 2 race on to keep the wide look.

Thanks all for the feedback. When you say you had to chop off 2cm... what part of the wing did you have to chop? 2cm off of the corner or 2cm radius off the entire opening?

Cheers
Let me try to explain this in text :)
So I had to remove some metal from the front lip.
I started from the apex of the arch (top middle) and stretched a tangential curve towards the front, removing 2cm off the front. So basically a tappered shape going from thick-thin, front to back.
AHHH FORGET IT ill make a paint pic. BRB!

There we go...
Hope this helps :)

P.S I had to remove the material there because the wheel was catching when I turned fully. Otherwise it would have been fine.
and regarding camber etc. I think I have -1.5* Camber set at straight. Cant remember what its at when at full lock.

That is super helpful. I think I may send the car to my bodywork guy and have him do that... I suspect the standard plastic arches have sufficient flex to allow them to be mounted to the body even if it has been radiused a little at the front.. Better to do that before paint and have it a non-issue.

I doubt it would be really noticeable anyway if done right.

#17 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:46 AM

Difficult to see but thats how mine are cut for 6x10 minilites

Attached Files

#18 Chodosh

Chodosh

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

Difficult to see but thats how mine are cut for 6x10 minilites

Thanks imack - you fitted group 2 or standard arches in the end?

#19 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

Gp2 wide

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users