That will be a good one!

#3 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

I hope so! Fantastic opportunity for people who've never been on track before.

#4 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

Still spaces ;)

#5 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:58 PM

I suspect there will be spaces right to the end - the Brands one only had a moderate level of people attending and the location of Cadwell makes it problematic for lots of people.

#6 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

We did do a quick poll and Cadwell was the clear favourite over Snetterton as it is a cracking circuit especially for Mini's. Again we are running this event at a loss merely so people can enjoy their cars on circuit with like minded enthusiasts without the worry of much bigger cars out on track, feedback from Brands was very positive.

#7 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

We did do a quick poll and Cadwell was the clear favourite over Snetterton as it is a cracking circuit especially for Mini's. Again we are running this event at a loss merely so people can enjoy their cars on circuit with like minded enthusiasts without the worry of much bigger cars out on track, feedback from Brands was very positive.

Gav, could not agree more - I was down to do Brands until I ended up having an operation and could not drive. 

And yes, you can have the fastest mini in the world but when people are driving Atoms with 460hp and GTIr's it becomes a little demoralising on an open any car trackday.

I'm still considering this, it's 197 miles one way with the mini on a transporter - so it would be an overnighter, I think camping is free at Cadwell ... is that still the case?

#8 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:37 PM

Gav, could not agree more - I was down to do Brands until I ended up having an operation and could not drive. 

And yes, you can have the fastest mini in the world but when people are driving Atoms with 460hp and GTIr's it becomes a little demoralising on an open any car trackday.

I'm still considering this, it's 197 miles one way with the mini on a transporter - so it would be an overnighter, I think camping is free at Cadwell ... is that still the case?

Yep camping is free April-October, be great if you could make it. Was great at Brands speaking to people who would never of taken their car on track if it wasn't for a Mini only event, nice to see a standard 1959 car out there too!

#9 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

Reminder for next week ;)

#10 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

I drive past Cadwell once or twice a week and have trackday'd there in the past - I love the circuit. So nice to have a bit of elevation and camber.

Unfortunately my mini is in far too many pieces to attend, but maybe next year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users