If it dnt clank+bang its a metro

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

Hey,
Have had loads of help on here already with what to do replacing my lil 998cc engine with a 1.6 ot 1.8 Honda engine.
I do need new brakes anyway as the min doesn't stop at the moment, let alone when he has an engine with a bit of poke.
My question is what brakes I would need with this size engine?? I have 12" wheels.
Have read the other posts where people can't decide which size, but I mean.....what type, as well as size and the bits that have to go with it....? And what's all this caliper, pot, groove holes business?
Have been reading all the mini mags but the shops that sell em don't really give explanation and trying to work out what people have already done to their mini's is a bit of a nightmare.
I just want to make sure that when I'm bombing along in my lil min I don't plough up the car in front's ass because I've put the wrong bits together or wrong for my wheels/ engine.
Thanks,
Jess

#2 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:42 PM

probably be best brake for the cost are metro 4 pot brakes (four pistons in each caliper aposed to the minis two) you can get them with vented or non vented discs depending on what metro you rob them from breakers is your best bet! my girlfriend has these on her mini 1275 with 12 inch wheels and the brakes by far out proform the car they are good even without a servo!

or if you search through minispares you can find 4 pot ali calipers (light) and all other sorts of brake kits which will probably be on par if not even better than the metro brakes... but they are ALOT more cash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users