#16 SuperDeLuxeNick

SuperDeLuxeNick

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis Portsmouth

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

set of coilovers, super easy to fit, as long as bolts come out, if not grind and fit new.

Bucket seat,

Suede Wheel,

Front Lip, Air Filter and straight through exhaust, roll bar and you are away,

#17 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

I am on the hunt now. Also followed you on insta Nick

#18 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

If you get a mk2 in orange/gold (evolution orange mica) I still have the hard top from when I owned her. Itll fit both mk1 and mk2.

#19 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

I had a early 1.6 uk one, they are damn good fun to drive, very go kart like, but can drift unlike a mini ;-) I stupidly sold it to buy my rx7 (Which has been a massive project)

Without turning this into a for sale thread, I’m actually selling a 1.6 import in brg atm :P

32318592817_aaabd817bb_c.jpg

Edited by Will16, 02 March 2019 - 09:37 PM.

#20 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

I had a early 1.6 uk one, they are damn good fun to drive, very go kart like, but can drift unlike a mini ;-) I stupidly sold it to buy my rx7 (Which has been a massive project)

Without turning this into a for sale thread, I’m actually selling a 1.6 import in brg atm :P

32318592817_aaabd817bb_c.jpg

oooh. Send me details.

#21 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

I have had an MX5 the mk2 1.8 was a cracking car, but that was many years ago, I will give a thumbs up for the MGTF mine is only the 1.6 115bhp but it still a lot of fun and you can pick them up very cheap, mine was £150 the head gasket had gone but if you are handy with the spanners the new multi layer gasket is almost a fit and forget item now, as long as you do it properly. its a fun cheap drive.

#22 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

The MG's are just plain ugly, old pipe and slippers type car as alot of Rover stuff from that era was.

Mk2 MX5's are where the cheap purchases can be made, but the Mk1 is appreciating nicely so find a clean one and you won't lose a penny on it.

Lots of people modify them, so parts are plentiful and cheap.

Right now is probably the time to start stockpiling weird bits of OEM trim and stuff that people throw away.

Edited by r3k1355, 04 March 2019 - 03:25 PM.

#23 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

The MG's are just plain ugly, old pipe and slippers type car as alot of Rover stuff from that era was.

Mk2 MX5's are where the cheap purchases can be made, but the Mk1 is appreciating nicely so find a clean one and you won't lose a penny on it.

Right now is probably the time to start stockpiling weird bits of OEM trim and stuff that people throw away.

Well that's your opinion of which your are entitled too, but have you ever driven the MGTF from someone who has had both I cant say either was that far in front of the other, and if we are saying pipe and slipper stuff isn't that what a lot of the Minis are.

#24 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

How on earth can you consider a TF a pipe and slippers car ??? 

And don't forget, MAZDA tuned the MX5s exhaust note to sound like and old MG

#25 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

Just is.

Dunno if it's the way it looks, or how the only ones you see around are driven by old bearded men but it just is.

and isn't that just a rumour about Mazda specifically tuning the exhaust to sound like an MGB??

They drew much inspiration and design ideas from old British sports cars but I don't believe they went out of their way to create the exact same exhaust note, merely sought to produce one that was in keeping with the various ones they had been examining.

if we are saying pipe and slipper stuff isn't that what a lot of the Minis are.

Yes it does seem like a natural progression

Edited by r3k1355, 05 March 2019 - 03:51 PM.

#26 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

bhjwg.jpg

#27 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:51 AM

Just is.
Dunno if it's the way it looks, or how the only ones you see around are driven by old bearded men but it just is.

and isn't that just a rumour about Mazda specifically tuning the exhaust to sound like an MGB??
They drew much inspiration and design ideas from old British sports cars but I don't believe they went out of their way to create the exact same exhaust note, merely sought to produce one that was in keeping with the various ones they had been examining.

if we are saying pipe and slipper stuff isn't that what a lot of the Minis are.

Yes it does seem like a natural progression

Hmmmm I do have a beard at times..... maybe you are right lol

#28 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

The MGF is a great car. It's a very different beast to the MX5 though. The Mazda was designed from the off to be a modern day Lotus Elan, with a very high standard of build quality, driving enjoyment and reliability. The Japanese succeeded on all counts. That's why the MX5 is now a legend in its own right.
The MGF was an attempt to cash in on the new roadster market, created by the MX5. Rover made an excellent car and of course it's mid-engined, so technically different to the Mazda. But build quality was not as good. Reliability was not as good. It had Metro suspension and subframe, so it was never going to be as finely honed as the MX5. Nevertheless, a decent MGF would make a fantastic summer fun car and I'd happily have one as well as my early Eunos import.
Apples and oranges :)

#29 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Perhaps a fairer comparison would be an MR2 and an MGF??

Both mid-engined, RWD, 2-seat sports car.

#30 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:08 PM

I bought a Eunos Roadster in the end. Will shove some
Pics up soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users