#16 Icey

Icey

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Brace yourself for much much abuse!!

There's no abuse here, no one has attack you or the OP for their choices. What's been put forward is factual. Your experience my differ but there is solid work gone in to explain to risks of using coil-springs with evidence demonstrating that the findings aren't just theoretical.

Everyone is still able to make their own choices, but this advise should be taken seriously.

#17 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

We arent all rally drivers, some people just enjoy cruising around and enjoying the ride. From my experience, I've had the road (softest) minitastic springs and really liked them for comfort. Road holding suffered though, I have an S bend near my house wich is perfect to judge road holding ^^ So I decided to get a second car and keep the mini for weekends and refit standard cones.

#18 dasupersprint

dasupersprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 02:40 PM

How can you not order and have parts shipped? I'm Canadian and order from the UK many times a year

#19 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,944 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

Brace yourself for much much abuse!!

I got it for fitting them, but we love them and they’re still nice 3 years later with fast road use and a few navigation jobs on a fairly heavy Mini with a load of luxuries and sound deadening.

They do need good dampers. Minitastic recommends GAZ which I fitted and run quite soft normally.

Try contacting Minitastic. He made up mine. A lot of springs out there don’t seem to be great resulting in the breakages etc...

I think Minitastic have now stopped doing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users