18 replies to this topic

#16 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:04 AM

Where do you get the factory data from?  I have a BL Repair Operations Manual with a fair amount of data in it but it doesn't have for instance main bearing and big end tunnel bore sizes.

#17 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,972 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

I was lucky enough to work in a Leyland Authorised Workshop before I went in to business for myself, so I had access to it then. I remained on very good terms professionally and socially with the owners of that workshop and when they closed the doors on anything 'Mini' they gave me all the 'stuff' they had. I still see them often and in fact have a shipping container here with the last of their stocks (non- Mini) that I'm looking after for them as they off load the last of.

I did also pick up some bits and pieces from people I knew who worked at Leyland and some of the OEM Component Manufacturers have been or are clients to me these days.

#18 BaronVonchesto

BaronVonchesto

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

On the question of the Pistons and Pins being different between Floating and Press fits, they are the same.

You can indeed fit 'Floaters' in this instance, to Press Fit Rods, just don' try and also fit the circlips !

So what are you suggesting? That i buy the hypatec circlip pistons and reuse the gudgeon pins from my current pistons?

#19 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,972 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

On the question of the Pistons and Pins being different between Floating and Press fits, they are the same.

You can indeed fit 'Floaters' in this instance, to Press Fit Rods, just don' try and also fit the circlips !

So what are you suggesting? That i buy the hypatec circlip pistons and reuse the gudgeon pins from my current pistons?

You can and it's another option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users