2 replies to this topic

#1 [email protected]

[email protected]

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

Just replaced my wiper park switch. Obviously the wipers wouldn’t park and my fuel gauge wasn’t reading which I suspected was related.

Now wiper work properly and fuel gauge now reads but I seem to have traded this for the death of my tachometer.

It was working perfectly fine up to the point I changed the wiper park switch.

Checked fuses, wires to the back of the tachometer, wires to the coil, everything seems to be in order.

Wondering if i’ve possibly touched a wrong wire on one of the parking switch terminals and fried something. Is this a possibility?

Could the new park switch be bad?

Has anybody had similar issues and knows of any obvious trouble spots.

My SPI has the 24 fuse box in engine bay. Wires from rear of tachometer are white and white with black stripe.

There seem too be several plain white wires going in and out of fuse box, one going into relay pack etc. no idea where to start although it would seem like a horrible coincidence if the issue wasn’t related to the park switch replacement.

Fun!

#2 Wazzah

Wazzah

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

I would suspect an earth problem if all your wiring appears in order. The tacho is earthed by a clear plastic printed circuit card that screws to the back face of all the gauges. There is a screw that connects the tacho to the earth card. I had an intermittent fault with this which was permanently fixed by placing a copper washer under the screw head. The hole for the screw in the clear plastic card/ copper strip had become elongated/ enlarged causing an open circuit. The copper washer re-established a good electrical connection without having to buy a whole new printed circuit card. Regards Waz

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

I’ll give that a look. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users