2 replies to this topic

#1 minitman

minitman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

I have received a couple of requests for pictures. I'm old and the seventies saw de-seaming and frenching, as a norm to make cars look different. I'm on my seventh mini now so this is the latest incarnation. I know purists may not like these but it's my baby.

Still being re-built, after a full strip to bare shell, and hoping to be out and about this year.

1300SPi bored to 1340 and returned to HIF44 carb. Ported, relieved and polished. Road Rally Cam. Stage 1 and 1"3/4 exhaust. etc.

Attached Files

#2 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

Not quite a Gulf 917 but still looks good. Nice job!

Is it riding a little high, or is that the angle?

#3 minitman

minitman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

sc-em, thank you. yes it probably was still a little high at this point. all brand new rebuilt suspension, still empty and not been out and about either.

It has settled to around and inch or so between the wheels and arches now.

My brother had ties to a gulf garage in the seventies, whilst i was in my formative teens, and The owner rallied a cooper in full gulf livery. magic

I'm not a body work man so I could never reproduce the look but I am happy with what i have done, and its just a hobby/toy to me. 

There's lots of filler and imperfections, which attracts mixed comments from people, but it was my daily drive until recently and I don't have the mind set of perfectionists.

I just know that I love to drive it and the looks that it draws.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users