4 replies to this topic

#1 Vendeta44

Vendeta44

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:11 PM

I'm in the middle of a rear subframe swap and my old subframe was pretty far gone and a lot of the bolts are not salvageable or even removable. I apologize that this has probably been asked a million times before but I didn't turn up specifics in my search.

The one I absolutely need to know is the length and thread of the camber bracket bolts. My old bracket was rusted on real good so I just chopped it to bits to get the arms out and can't get even one of those bolts out to get the bolt size and pitch.

But if anyone also has a nice handy list for the entirety of the bolts required for the rear subframe it would be much appreciated so I can get a whole set of new grade 8.8 bolts without the hassle of trying to identify each rusty bolt.

Its a 1982 mini HL rhd.

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,952 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:22 PM

all info can be found on Minispares website.

only 8 bolts and 4 nuts to fit it with suitable washers etc. but which bolts depends on the age of the car as they used different trunnion mounts.

#3 Vendeta44

Vendeta44

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:39 PM

all info can be found on Minispares website.

only 8 bolts and 4 nuts to fit it with suitable washers etc. but which bolts depends on the age of the car as they used different trunnion mounts.

Minispares sells the replacement bolts but doesn't list the sizes/pitch anywhere I seen. According to minispares the trunions are the same from 76 on and mines a 82.

I live in Canada and the cost of shipping just a bolt kit from minispares is insane. Especially when I can go to the bolt store 20 minutes away and get everything I need for cheaper then minispares sells it before shipping.

#4 Junior Mini

Junior Mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:02 AM

5/16" UNF 3/4" length for the radius arm securing plates.  ;D

http://www.minispare...ck to catalogue

#5 Vendeta44

Vendeta44

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:33 AM

5/16" UNF 3/4" length for the radius arm securing plates.  ;D

http://www.minispare...ck to catalogue

Thank you. That lead me to this page that seems to actually have all the sizes listed to make things easy. Was looking at the bolt kit product page before and must have missed the catalog view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users