DJC MINI

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

Hi there,

I think my mini has a very slight misfire. I’ve been told that cleaning or replacing the lambda sensor will help fix this as well as bringing the emmisions down.

Is this true?

Also does anyone have any tips on removing the sensor easily.

Thanks,

Daniel

#2 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:20 PM

It’s possible but I would rule out other things first before replacing the lambda.
Is it firing on all cylinders?
Are there sparks at each of the plugs?
Have you checked the lambda values with diagnostics equipment?

#3 Alpenflitzer

Alpenflitzer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

What about tight vac hoses? The rubber/plastic angles of the original vac hoses always make tzrouble. I replaced them 34 years ago with colored silicone tubes.  After that misfiring had gone.

" The main one that seems to cause a problem is the one on the end of the short capilary identified with white, from the back of the inlet manifold to the fuel trap. Located on this port on the back of the inlet manifold, again identified with white.

While on the subject of capilary tubes and fuel traps, there is a known problem of fuel causing blockage in these tubes, mainly the one identified with green, attached to the long green port of the fuel trap and the ECU at the other end. The symptoms of this are, hesitation when accelerating usualy acompanied with a backfire in the inlet manifold and the car usualy bucks violently." ( Hints from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users