#16 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:51 AM

I'm sorry to have to say this, but if you fit coil springs, you are a bigger numpty than trump.

Edited by yeti21586, 29 August 2019 - 01:55 PM.
DO NOT TRY AND AVOID THE SWEAR FILTER!!!

#17 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

I'm sorry for being so rude here.

i'm sorry you had to say that too..

#18 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

that chart should provide some motivation to keep it moving on  :proud:

a word of warning when considering replacing rubber cones with coil springs, and i'm not sure if you are aware, but it does seem that if/when coil bind occurs, it can lead to catastrophic suspension failure.

if you have a search on the forum there are a few threads that go into more detail and include pictures of the type of damage that can occur.

edit :  http://www.theminifo...specifications/

Thanks for the information KTS! I was not dead set on it, I have just read some placed on US forums that they "ride" better, but there is not as much mini knowledge and trial over here in the US. It was just a thought that was suggest to me at one point before, but I am not dead set on it. I am definitely not going to add them with a risk of suspension failure, especially if I use alot of expensive billet parts!

#19 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:20 AM

no problem - i guess springs can provide a smoother ride, and might be appropriate for just kicking back and cruising around on nice smooth tarmac, but  i'm guessing you'll be wanting to use all that bhp under your right foot when the time comes  ;D

#20 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Yeah and I know if coil springs are fail due to binding, they will fail on the road around where I live.

#21 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

I have been working on getting things figured out for cooling and where various components will go. I got the C&R barrel inter-cooler this week and it fits perfect. I have a friend that designs radiator heat exchangers for Mahle, so he is going to help me out on figuring out a front mount radiator for the charge coolant.

Attached Files

#22 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:38 PM

I was not around the shop last week, but I did get a K&N Apollo air filter kit that I believe will work best for mounting the air filter out of the engine bay to get the coldest air possible. Also, I was notified my KAD parts shipped this morning! Which is exiting because that is all my new alloy suspension bits and sway bars. Hoping it arrives later this week!

#23 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:42 AM

Well finally after struggling with DHL putting my shipment on hold for no apparent reason several times, my KAD parts were received today! Got my replacement rotors, adjustable gear box steady, alloy front hubs, adjustable front lower arm and tie rods, ally rear radius arms, rear antiroll bar, front antiroll bar, rear camber/toe brackets, adjustable ride height platforms, and the twin master cylinder brake kit. Really happy with the build quality, and can't wait to start getting some of it fitted in the coming weeks hopefully. I plan to pull the rear subframe down to see what shape it is in and get some of these new parts roughly installed to make sure fitment is correct.

Attached Files

#24 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:14 AM

Very nice !

They'd look spiffing if they were gold plated.

#25 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

This is looking very good already. Twin kam buddy!

#26 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

This is looking very good already. Twin kam buddy!

Thanks! Taking some inspiration from your build for sure. still working on figuring out what I still need from SC to get the engine going, then rough fit it all to make sure it fits where I want, and then the subframes will come out and get blasted, painted or powder coated and the new suspension put in. Plan is to get it running bar bones first with a seat and steering wheel so I can get all the mechanical stuff dialed in and have some fun driving it as well!

#27 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:20 AM

I've sadly not have a lot of time to spend on the mini in the past bit, but do some critical thinking about it when I have the chance, and believe I am getting close to having my cooling systems all laid out for the oil coolers and intercooler cooling water heat exchanger. have some ideas to set things up really nice, so when I get a chance to start working on them, they will definitely be posted!

#28 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: IMOG

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:58 PM

Your pickup is looking well smart....not jealous at all!! Some really nice parts your putting on her.

#29 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:34 AM

Well, got some time to work on going over the mini again today, been kicking around different ideas of where to place bits while I don't have time to start tearing into it majorly until around Christmas between semesters. I did get under it though today and started peeling back some of the rubberized undercoat to see what lies beneath. The bad news is the driver's side floor is rough, and it is just patched from the top side over rusty spots, so its looking like a new floor make be in the works for the pickup.

#30 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:08 AM

This looks amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users