#61 Spherix

Spherix

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Netherlands

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:38 PM

My god what a project... Who puts so much filler on when there is so much metal to work with! Great potential though.

Regarding your subframes, why don't you send them off to get sandblasted instead of doing it by manual labour?

#62 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:33 AM

From my own experience,it starts as a "thin skim" then a bit more to fill the low spots,leave it overnight and fill some more low spots.Repeat until satisfied/had enough then half inch filler.Steve..

#63 catch_me

catch_me

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:21 AM

Well, it's been a while but finally have finished my Master's in Biomedical Engineering and officially can start dreaming about the Mini PUP again! That being said, there is alot of work to come, but I have some really cool ideas to incorporate. Since it's got the unique motor, especially for here in the States, it is really going to get a proper engineering job, including some better aero bits such as a flat floor, some custom cooling components that also add aero, and a pretty unique hybrid space-frame chassis that is incorporated into the body. Looking forward to really getting rolling on these ideas I've been developing over the last couple years, and bringing them to life.

First step will be working on a getting a mounting design for the rear subframe front and working forward on the floor framing. I will try to start updating as that moves forward in design!

#64 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations on your Masters ! 

you can start focusing on the important stuff now  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users