#16 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:59 PM

Just to let you all know, we no longer have them as traders on TMF.

I hope that wasn't my fault. I don't know if they are shady or not, and in the end I got my money back soon after requesting it, so I feel meh about it.

Nope, its been churning around for sometime now and too many members of the forum have had issues with them.

#17 stuart_suzie

stuart_suzie

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

Just to add to this if anybody is unfortunate enough to purchase through them. My experience has been that they outright lie to you about the progress of your order. Never had a worse experience in buying anything from anyone, ever. The quality of the stuff I purchased seems OK, but I was insulted and mislead. I've never had so many unpleasant emails to write and rarely will I shout on the phone.

Total joke. Sad really, been on TMF for years and years, read everything, learning from all the wonderful people on here but have never actually posted - this being my only one. Kind of sad isn't it.

Just don't do it, not for a nut or bolt and certainly not for anything more expensive. 

#18 Shanksy950

Shanksy950

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:31 PM

To keep this going.
I bought the full central locking kit with immobilizer, alarm and electric windows back in December 2018 (when they had a sale on)
I have been constantly emailing them and getting all sort of excuses and now I'm just getting nothing response from them, I even CC'd Imperial nuts and bolts email and still nothing.
Its a shame because I've been holding on because I still really want the kit but luckily I paid through PayPal.
Is anyone else in this situation or has everyone got kits delivered recently?
Should I keep holding on or just give up?
Would like to hear some feedback from someone within the company or even Imperial nuts and bolts.

#19 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:38 PM

I bought the full central locking kit with immobilizer, alarm and electric windows back in December 2018 (when they had a sale on)

Would like to hear some feedback from someone within the company or even Imperial nuts and bolts.

If after 7 - 8 months they haven't come good and you're not getting a response to your emails, give it up, get your money back.

There's other suppliers about who can actually supply this stuff and many within the week.

#20 Shanksy950

Shanksy950

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:56 PM

If after 7 - 8 months they haven't come good and you're not getting a response to your emails, give it up, get your money back.

There's other suppliers about who can actually supply this stuff and many within the week.

Thanks for the advice, I think to be honest I will just give up.

Will look into other kits

#21 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for the advice, I think to be honest I will just give up.

Will look into other kits

Let me know what other kits you see. I also ordered the full kits and never got it, so I asked for a refund and got it.

#22 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:42 PM

Hey there,

I bought a refresh kit from them about 6 weeks ago and still havent received it. I know I am in Italy so it is going to take a little while, but it shouldnt be this long. They used to have chat support on their site, but every time I check there is no one there.

I have emailed twice, and still havent gotten anything back.

Any experience with these guys?

Thanks,

Ricardo

What is it you was waiting for from them?

It’s been well known over the forums that this company are/were shocking, as you now know.

I have had experience with their kits. I am in the early stages of producing a similar central locking kit, but one that is make with a bit of love and actually works properly.

Their electric window kits were a complete joke.

I do have one of their alarms here if anyone would like it.

Screech.

#23 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

Hey there,

I bought a refresh kit from them about 6 weeks ago and still havent received it. I know I am in Italy so it is going to take a little while, but it shouldnt be this long. They used to have chat support on their site, but every time I check there is no one there.

I have emailed twice, and still havent gotten anything back.

Any experience with these guys?

Thanks,

Ricardo

What is it you was waiting for from them?

It’s been well known over the forums that this company are/were shocking, as you now know.

I have had experience with their kits. I am in the early stages of producing a similar central locking kit, but one that is make with a bit of love and actually works properly.

Their electric window kits were a complete joke.

I do have one of their alarms here if anyone would like it.

Screech.

I had placed two orders. One was for the full windows, locking, and alarm kit. The other was for a tune up kit for an SPI. 

I have heard bad things about their window kit, but convincing the wife to let me have a 30yo toy means I have to try and bring it up to modern conveniences as quickly as possible. I liked how their kit worked all together and the modules were all advertised to work together well. I know they dont make the kit, but I cant find the kit anywhere online. They also had a really good preorder deal and a 20% of coupon, so it made sense to take the risk. 

I would love to hear more about your kit, and what you recommend for the windows too. 

#24 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

They did make their own central locking brackets.  I bought an alarm with central locking kit and got it only 3 months late, so I got off lightly.

Well, I say that but when I fitted the alarm a year later I discovered that the wiring diagram didn't match the wiring colours on the units so it was a total arse to fit, then the unit was faulty anyway. so it all went in the bin.  I bought a Toad kit instead and will use to central locking brackets as they look decent.

They're a terrible terrible company, I'm not surprised they're trying to rebrand as something else and I'm glad this thread has highlighted the change of name so I can continue to disabuse people from giving them money in the future.

Awful.

#25 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

...but convincing the wife to let me have a 30yo toy means I have to try and bring it up to modern conveniences as quickly as possible.

Well you can't expect her to have to turn a handle to open the window now can you.

Have you got air-con and power steering yet?

#26 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

...but convincing the wife to let me have a 30yo toy means I have to try and bring it up to modern conveniences as quickly as possible.

Well you can't expect her to have to turn a handle to open the window now can you.

Have you got air-con and power steering yet?

Haha... We have a baby and while we dont drive much (We live in Rome and it is easier to take trains and what not) I am working on safety and conveniences. She doesnt drive stick so Powersteering isnt that important yet, but working out the AirCon process. 

#27 Brazz2920

Brazz2920

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Warning re A series spares in liquidation now imperial nuts and bolts trading same goods apart from engines from same premises and staff apart from rob
They have had £3000 off me for an engine going on for 18months full of false promises and missed delivery dates
Don’t take my word for it look on trust pilot
Google them

#28 Mike B

Mike B

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:37 PM

Sorry to jump in, but does anyone know who else can provide central locking kits plus electric windows, that still work with the rover key fob?

Thanks in advance... google searching for days hasn't helped!

#29 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 07:39 AM

A little bit if info, recently a company calling themselves MCCS posted on the forum http://www.theminifo...cs#entry3658454 the director of MCCS has the same surname and address as the director of A Series Spares and Imperial Nuts and Bolts.

Attached Files

#30 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

interesting bit of research.  thanks for posting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users