Post from Facebook -
This is going to be a long post but I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read it. PLEASE SHARE
Stolen Classic Mini fitted with Suzuki engine and gearbox.
Classic Austin Mini Jet Black (Limited Edition) 1988 E570 TYJ reg number.
My mini was stolen from outside my flat in Muswell Hill in North London on 13 Jan 2020 between the hours of 11:30am and 5:30pm. No broken glass was found where it last was parked and it was fitted with a heavy duty steering lock and hidden start switch making me think it has to have been lifted onto the back of a truck. It was difficult for me to start and I built it!
I’ve attached photos but there’s only a few since it was painted matte black 2 years ago (was only ever meant to be a temporary paint job). This car may look a little bit rough around the edges but I’ve had it for 18 years and it has been an evolving project that I’ve spent half my life building and enjoying. This tiny little car has created friendships galore over the years and every time I drove it I couldn’t help but smile. Countless amazing and selfless people (some of whom are no longer with us) have helped me through the years create my amazing little car and it was full of parts/memories they've added along the way. It truly means the world to me and any information that would help in its recovery would be greatly appreciated! A reward will be given to anyone who provides information that helps locate my mini.
The car itself is heavily modified and I had been working on it 3 days prior and had just fitted new bucket seats. List of modifications as follows
- Suzuki swift GTi engine and mk1 gearbox (G13B engine code) MK1 gearboxes are extremely rare.
- Allspeed Engineering subframe to fit Suzuki engine and gearbox in mini. This has been cut and welded on the gearbox side above the gearbox.
- Curley carbon fibre bonnet with stick on number plate on front edge and fitted with locking bonnet pins on rear and normal bonnet pins on front edge.
- Red steel wheels with Brand new Yokohama A539 tyres.
- Brand new red Bride Low Max bucket seats and green Takata harnesses These seats retail for £600 and the harnesses are another £150 per set.
- Matte black paint but slightly flaking in places showing silver underneath. The boot lid is still the original shiny black paint with the Jet Black logo/sticker in the top right corner.
- Exhaust is from a Japanese company called Garage Delta and looks too big to fit a mini but was made to fit.
- Carbon fibre dashboard.
- 3 spoke deep dish steering wheel.
- 2 small rust holes in shell (one around a panel on driver’s side and another on rear side panel below petrol cap).
- Radtec radiator (side mount version) but mounted at front of car behind grille.
- All hoses on engine are red silicone from ASH (Auto Silicone Hoses).
- Air filter is a carbon fibre enclosed tube fitted in driver’s side wing.
The majority of the parts fitted to the mini (listed above) are not your average run of the mill parts (most I’ve had to save for months/years just to afford, I’m just an ordinary guy working a normal job) and will be noticeable to anyone who builds modified/specialist/race vehicles as premium parts. I’m guessing they’ll be sold via private sale in case anyone has been or is offered anything.
I can be contacted on Facebook or at [email protected] / on 07805572159.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read all this, I know its a lot but it feels like one of my oldest friends been stolen and not just simply a car.
Picture details below - Most recent pics show mini with matte black paint, older pics with shiny black paint are to show other details.
Most recent pic from a few months ago in garage entrance. Radtec radiator mounted in front.
Mini on side of grass verge. Curley Carbon Bonnet visible on grass (it’s a light grey colour)
Bride Low Max Bucket seats, these are very rare.
Radtec Radiator on kitchen table.
Interior shot of carbon fibre dash and 3 spoke deep dish steering wheel.
Old shot from 2005 showing overall look, no longer shiny.
Big exhaust on little car.