1 reply to this topic

#1 primrose8

primrose8

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 09:44 AM

Hi thought I would say hi, restored a mini around 7 years ago and this site and members were a very big help then, I sold the mini on , not quite finished and regretted it ever since! Then a couple of years ago i bought a 1989 Mini Mayfair, genuine 23,000 miles , mots to prove same family owned from new, never welded or painted,and have enjoyed Sunday afternoon runs out in the Yorkshire wolds in it. But as it doesn’t need much work I still craved another resto, this time seeing it to the end.
Then last week daughters boyfriend bought a 1987 Mini Mayfair partially stripped , I said he could stick it in my garage to work on, and every night this week we’ve been out and managed to get it running before total strip, runs lovely! So I got the bug and bought one myself! Which is been delivered tomorrow, a mini 30, needing full restoration, garage will be full with 3 minis!! I’ll keep you posted with some pics if your interested? Thanks for all the help and advice past, present and future...

#2 Alex_B

Alex_B

Doesn't put foot in mouth enough!

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

Minis certainly breed other minis! Currently got three in my workshop all needing work, but after a few years neglecting them I am back tinkering and loving it! Hoping to have the first one on the road this summer for some cruising about and some mini shows. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users