1 reply to this topic

#1 JQuillin

JQuillin

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:21 AM

Having issues troubleshooting my headlights. I saw a couple other threads about the same issue, but no real solution. It started with the dims not coming on but the brights work. Now neither of them are working. All exterior lamps are working, and the driving lights work. I'm getting voltage from the light switch to the selector on the column via blue and voltage out of the selector via blue/white or blue/red. Have voltage on either side of connector on the column, and voltage at both sides of line fuses behind the dash. Continuity on the fuses are good. I dont think it's the ground because the side lamp in the headlight reflectors are working and share a common ground with the headlights. Is there anything I'm missing? Another connector some where?

#2 rossul.burn

rossul.burn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Having issues troubleshooting my headlights. I saw a couple other threads about the same issue, but no real solution. It started with the dims not coming on but the brights work. Now neither of them are working. All exterior lamps are working, and the driving lights work. I'm getting voltage from the light switch to the selector on the column via blue and voltage out of the selector via blue/white or blue/red. Have voltage on either side of connector on the column, and voltage at both sides of line fuses behind the dash. Continuity on the fuses are good. I dont think it's the ground because the side lamp in the headlight reflectors are working and share a common ground with the headlights. Is there anything I'm missing? Another connector some where?

I've recently had an issue with my headlights, passenger side dipped beam would not work, mains beam was working etc. I traced it to the bullet connector from the headlight loom that goes up the wheel arch and into the engine bay, this had come loose. I cleaned it up and refit and it worked, you could try this, mine is a late SPI so no inline fuses behind the dash so hopefully this is relevant to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users