#1 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:56 PM

I've been checking the website and the FB page but 9th March was the latest update as still going ahead

There must be a point when they will cancel to give us a chance to get our money back on the ferry/chunnel and the other things (hotel in folkestone/europe recovery?) let alone the IMM ticket

Anybody heard anything better or more recent?

First time I have been organised to go (personal reasons meant I couldn't do Belgium or Ireland and most of the others seemed too far for my old banger - not even sure about Germany to be honest :D ) - gutted  :angry:

Cheers

#2 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:23 PM

Im pretty certain the way the world is IMM is gonna be off. 

#3 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 17 March 2020 - 10:38 PM

Me too, but I don't want to cancel myself unless absolutely necessary as we will all need something to look forward to.

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 17 March 2020 - 11:01 PM

at the moment there is no need to change anything. it is months away.

#5 jaysmini1983

jaysmini1983

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Mini's

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

i had and email from DFDS ferries last week that if you had bookings in the next 30 days your could reschedule them for later this year to be used by march 2021. i dont think we will be getting refunds!

as to IMM and the amount of cases accross Europe im positve it will be cancelled as its less than 3 months away!

but also i can see London 2 Brighton also being cancelled. 

Im gutted!!! 

#6 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:34 PM

Must admit I have been wondering about L2B run, hopefully we will be in a better place and it will go ahead

#7 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:01 PM

Must admit I have been wondering about L2B run, hopefully we will be in a better place and it will go ahead

?

#8 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

Himley, L2B, IMM, I personally think they'll all be cancelled. The spread of the virus isn't limited to a month and I appreciate a lot will wait for government guidance. This isn't going to go away anytime soon and I think it's myopic of anyone to believe it's too far out to make a rational decision on an event that will bring thousands of people from around the world together, especially as some will still be in lock down or quarantine.

#9 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:56 PM

Pride of Longbridge and Himley now cancelled.

#10 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

Brooklands Mini Day has been postponed and Enfield pageant (weekend between LSMOC L2B and ISMOC Barn Bash) has been cancelled.

#11 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

Heartbreaking to say it, but I think the whole summer will go to the wall. As has been said this is in for the long haul, the virus is here to stay much like the common flu.  A vaccine is likely due in the middle of next year, and we will build up an immunity eventually, but until then we will have to live with it as it is.  In their more candid moments the government have admitted they are almost powerless to do much except try to reduce the infection rate to reduce the shock of a quick spike on the NHS, and hopefully delay the peak into the summer when it's hoped that the warm summer weather kills off the virus temporarily like it does flu.

The problem is people are not listening and are carrying on as normal. Had to go to the supermarket earlier and people are taking trolleys and baskets handed to them without batting an eyelid over who was holding it previously. The same goes for petrol pump nozzles, driver after driver before me just picking one up and using it after the previous driver had finished, when there are gloves right next to it!  Cafes & coffee shops are still full around here. Until this changes the shitstorm will continue. And most irritating of all are the people being interviewed by the media that say "Well the government need to close things. We don;t like making decisions, the government need to tell us what to do", I've heard that one ovver and over this week.

Sorry for the downer, as you were :shy:

Edited by humph, 18 March 2020 - 07:06 PM.

#12 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:12 PM

Not seen any issues at the pumps.. I went first thing this morning and I was the only car. Did some. Shopping and only saw 2 other people! I guess it depends on the location.

#13 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:05 PM

Not seen any issues at the pumps.. I went first thing this morning and I was the only car. Did some. Shopping and only saw 2 other people! I guess it depends on the location.

Sorry if my post was confusing, I wasn't saying there's a fuel shortage, there isn't.  My statement was about people blindly picking up the nozzles after everyone else with no regard to cleaning the nozzle handle first, or they're hands after. Use the plastic gloves they supply, or bring your own. It's picking these things up; petrol nozzles, shopping baskets, shopping trolleys, touching door handles, is the way the virus is spreading, this is why they're preaching hand hygiene.

#14 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:14 PM

I am amazed at how casually some people, even elderly people, are treating this. They seem to be of a view that they won't be infected and that if they are it won't matter. I have a 73-year-old friend who is diabetic and he is just carrying on with his normal life. He is a County Councillor and has been chairing a meeting today to discuss how to give additional support to the elderly.

My 72-year-old wife is vulnerable due to certain medical conditions and so we are in 'total lock-down'. I went to get some fuel and would only go to the 'pay at the pump' garage. I used latex gloves which I discarded after fuelling. All our shopping is being delivered either by Tesco or by friends and we are not going out. I even wear gloves when using an ATM. If anything is delivered by a courier, I don't let him come close and today I declined to use my finger to 'sign' his electronic pad as he couldn't confirm that it had been sanitised since last used. We have told the children to stay away, and the grandchildren as well.

Maybe we are being a bit paranoid, but I don't care so long as my wife is kept safe. We will have to keep this up as long as necessary - for many, many months if needs be.

#15 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:23 PM

The Volksworld Show Sandown Park which was on the same weekend as Brooklands has also been postponed until October.

https://volksworld.c...w-show-sandown/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users