#1 kvz2000

kvz2000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:22 PM

Hi ,

I was trying to get a rough idea on the price of mini spares I have , I put it on this page as it is the most recently use , my mistake , was redirected to the valuation page which on viewing I can’t say I’m impressed with , However I’m not allowed to start a topic !!!! Perhaps at 63 I’m not experienced enough 

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,963 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:28 PM

it is very simple.

read the info at the top of each classifieds section.

if is for members who have been here for a while or have paid their subscription.

Attached File  Capture.JPG   20.12K   3 downloads

#3 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:24 PM

As Nick has alluded to, each section has a set of rules that need to be followed. They are there for a reason and it has nothing to do with age or experience.

The rules are there to prevent abuse of those particular sub sections which we have had to deal with in the past.

So as mentioned you either need 150 posts or become a TMF+ member for a fiver per annum.

#4 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:44 AM

Those rules aren't visible if you use a browser on your phone

#5 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:03 AM

Those rules aren't visible if you use a browser on your phone

I’m using my phone right now to type this. I have accessed the site through Google and can see the rules.

So this raises the question as to whether you have scrolled all the way down the screen and there you will see FULL VERSION. Click on that and you will have everything that you would have on a PC or Laptop

#6 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,000 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:24 AM

My point being is that if you use the mobile version you can't see the rules. if you are new or unfamiliar with the forum it's not obvious to scroll all the way to the bottom to change back to the desktop version, and it defaults back to the mobile version after a while too

#7 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:15 AM

My point being is that if you use the mobile version you can't see the rules. if you are new or unfamiliar with the forum it's not obvious to scroll all the way to the bottom to change back to the desktop version, and it defaults back to the mobile version after a while too

Ok i get that, but how many people only use their phones to access the Forum and not use a PC or Laptop??

When you sign up to the Forum you agree to abide with the Forum rules. Now you would think if you are going to use the Forum a lot you would say to yourself " lets have a look for these rules to get acquainted with them" after all as i have already mentioned you have agreed to abide by them.

I will have a chat with our IT Guru Deathrow to see if we can imbed something or have a some sort of banner to highlight what you need to do when using a Mobile phone. maybe he can add this as part of the sign up process.

#8 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

That would be a good idea as i can say i have only viewed on a pc about a handful of times since owning a smart phone.

#9 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Ok i have pinged a message to Deathrow to see if this issue with using mobile phones can be highlighted in the initial registration to join the forum.

#10 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:25 PM

Now you would think if you are going to use the Forum a lot you would say to yourself " lets have a look for these rules to get acquainted with them" after all as i have already mentioned you have agreed to abide by them..

I’d hazard a guess that very few read the t&c’s of anything that they sign up to? I think you’re being a little naive if you honestly think that they do.

#11 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:31 PM

Now you would think if you are going to use the Forum a lot you would say to yourself " lets have a look for these rules to get acquainted with them" after all as i have already mentioned you have agreed to abide by them..

I’d hazard a guess that very few read the t&c’s of anything that they sign up to? I think you’re being a little naive if you honestly think that they do.

Nothing naive about it, its the pm's we get when they cant do this, cant do that etc etc. each sub forum that needs a particular set of rules is quite clear to see.

If you don't want to read the rules, then thats up to you but then don't go complaining when you cannot post a wanted ad, for sale ad etc.

And this is not aimed at anyone in particular.

#12 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,960 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:02 PM

Hi ,

I was trying to get a rough idea on the price of mini spares I have , I put it on this page as it is the most recently use , my mistake , was redirected to the valuation page which on viewing I can’t say I’m impressed with , However I’m not allowed to start a topic !!!! Perhaps at 63 I’m not experienced enough 

I was me here, who, in the capacity of a forum moderator, hid your request for a valuation.

While I did do that, I also left a message there, for all to see, that there are rules here to be followed. I know that not everyone might read those, but in the case that these weren't read in the first instance, there was a strong hint there that the posting was hidden for a reason, that perhaps it might be a good idea to seek them out and come up to speed with them.

#13 kvz2000

kvz2000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

Hi ,

I was me here, who, in the capacity of a forum moderator, hid your request for a valuation.

While I did do that, I also left a message there, for all to see, that there are rules here to be followed. I know that not everyone might read those, but in the case that these weren't read in the first instance, there was a strong hint there that the posting was hidden for a reason, that perhaps it might be a good idea to seek them out and come up to speed with them.

The valuation area that you directed me to does not allow me to post photos so no good to me ...

#14 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,960 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:26 AM

Hi ,

The valuation area that you directed me to does not allow me to post photos so no good to me ...

Respectfully, and as others have said, there's a reason for this and I again direct you to read the rules for that area of or forum (and this will give you a hint as to why you can't post photos);-

I0bAC3f.jpg

In particular;-

1)   do you have 150 posts on the forum ?  It doesn't presently look like that.

or

2)   are you a TMF Member ?  Not that I can see.

#15 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:52 AM

Hi ,

Then pay a fiver and contribute to the forum.
This money goes into running the forum, the forum doesn’t run on best wishes and fresh air .

Then you will have full access plus discounts with certain outlets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users